Website blocked?

• 25 January 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
How can I tell if Webroot is blocking a website?  I was able to get in before but now the website is not opening. 

Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi sparkomatic

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If WSA blocks a website you should see a page displayed that will look like this, except that the details will refer to the site you were attempting to access rather than the details in the example:

You then have the choice to either use the 'Get me out of here' button (obvious as to what it does) or the 'Tell me more about it link...that allows access despite the warning and offers some additional options.

If you are not seeing this then it is doubtful that it is WSA that is blocking the website.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi Baldrick,

Appreciate the reply!  I'm not seeing the page your refering to being displayed.  I just get a blank screen.  So, I'll download another browser and give it a try.  Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Hi sparkomatic

No worries...always happy to try to assist a fellow member.

Before you go to the trouble of downloaidng & installing another browser it may be worth (i) clearing all cache & browsing history iin your current browser and then trying the site again, & if that does not work then (ii) uninstalling the browser in question, rebooting, reinstalling that browser and then trying the site again.

Just some other options you may or may not have considered. Let us know how you get on. :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi Baldrick,

Found out it was a problem with the website.   Tried a few of the things you mentioned but was still having problems.  So, I contacted the website.  They had it fixed by the next day.  .

Kevin 
Userlevel 7
Hi sparkomatic

Hope that you are well?

Gald to hear that you are sorted out, and that it was not WSA after all. ;)

Would be interested for some addition al infromation as and when you have the time as to prescisely what was the uderlying cause. Such feed back is most useful to Community members in terms of helping others in the future that may come here with the same or similar problems. Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards, Baldrick