Solved

What can happen whitout Internet ?

• 8 June 2013
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi
This week I was whitout Internet at home during 4 days.
I would like to know what could have happened if I have inserted a CD or an USB key with a virus or another malware and copied it on my PC' hard disque ?
icon

Best answer by MikeR 9 June 2013, 18:53

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Nothing dangerous, Offline, Real Time, Behavour and other shields together with heuristics will patrol your PC, for the offline cases WSA stores some sort of definitions also. so don't be afraid. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That's were the Offline Shield comes in and if something is executed it  starts to Journal and when you do get back online and the Cloud says it's bad it will Rollback to the pre-infection state.

Notice the bottom of this page: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/agenthelp.asp?n=Changing_Behavior_shield_settings

HTH,

TH

Userlevel 6
Thanks pegas and TH
My questions may seem very basic and simplistic but I discover WSA-C ans its completely different operating mode !
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I even set my Heuristics to the Max under the Offline Tab for extra protection. But it's up to you if you want to set it that way. And you can set the same for USB & CD/DVD but again only if you want to.

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Not everyone is sold on WSA's technology.  I wasnt!  Now that I understand it, and have seen it in use, I know it works.  Unfortunately there will always be those who refuse to consider new things, and that goes with everything in life, not just WSA.

It would be nice though if the Trolls would stick to the discussion board of whatever other solution they choose to use instead of trolling for drama here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56

The best thing to do is......

Userlevel 7
Thank you TH... I was looking for my copy of the sign!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Already explained to you here by (PrevxHelp) JoeJ the V.P. of Development:
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=339482
Userlevel 7
While WSA has the strongest protection when connected to the Internet, it provides significant protection when offline. A few thousand critical signatures are pushed down from the cloud for offlineprotection. The client remembers all of the files it's been told about to provide protection.

The client further uses behavioral heuristics to block threats when offline and can even turn into a full "whitelist-only" mode. All files are set to monitor when offline - heuristics are applied in real-time and pre-execution. Each system modification is precisely tracked by WSA. Once the client is back online, if a program is eventually found to be malicious, every change that was made can be reverted.