Solved

What the heck?

• 3 August 2013
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
So, I go into my webroot Complete web console last night to check on some passwrods that I had forgotten (I wasn't home and didn't have my password notebook handy) and see the message "Buy password protection". What the heck is that all about? This is a new one on me. I can't see any of my passwords, and can't get in to edit any of them if I want too?? When did this happen? I have to say, if this isn't some sort fo error and I have to pay extra now for the password protection, I'm not going to be a very happy camper.
icon

Best answer by JimM 3 August 2013, 19:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello DannyK and welcome back!

Password Manager is not an additional cost add on for WSA-Complete, so no worries there.

I took a look over your previous posts, and in THIS THREAD it looks like you had a new key code activated a few months back instead of renewing the existing one.  I might know what is going on...

Open your WSA software and click on the My Account tab.  Note what key code is in use.  You might want to copy it into clipboard and paste it into Notepad.

Log into your Account Console.  Once logged in, click your email address at the upper right hand corner and select Manage Users.

On the list of users, locate the user profile that has the email address you are using to log into Password Manager.  Click the little person icon to the far right to "Edit User Details / Permissions".

On the next screen, click the "Access & Permissions" tab.

Note the Key Code that is in use by that account profile, and the expiration date.

Do the key codes in your WSA software and the one that the account profile we just checked match or is the account profile still tied to the old key code?

If they key codes do not match, Submit A Trouble Ticket  and request that the user profile be removed from the old key code, and placed onto that new key code.  You might want to include the profile email address, the old key code and the new key code on the Trouble Ticket.

Hopefully the problem is as simple as that and can be fixed without too much trouble!

Please let us know how it turns out!
Userlevel 7
Hi Danny,
I think I saw what the problem was and fixed it for you on this end. Please reply back and let us know if it's fixed.
Thanks 🙂
Userlevel 3
Thank you Jim! Whatever you did worked! Sorry for the delay in replying. I was out all day on a birthday adventure and didn't get back until late.