When my scan gets to 81% and is checking with Webroot, it freezes up.

• 19 September 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
I don't know if I'm being paranoid because of the fallout from my Outlook update messing up the speed of my inbox opening and being able to find folders, but today when I initiated a manual scan, it got to 81%, which is where it checks with Webroot for the latest stuff to scan for, and it froze.

So, I canceled the scan and tried again, to have it to do the very same thing.. Is this a bug, something in my computer, something I need to worry about or open up a tech ticket to address?

As always, all of your input is much appreciated!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello gr8auntteffie,

Would you reboot your computer and do another Webroot scan? And if it freezes again then please do a clean uninstall/reinstall of Webroot.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
?  I gave myself a few minutes to just calm down and not freak out and I ran another manual scan while connected on line and it DID run a full scan.

To make sure I had it right, I did it again and it ran a full scan completely once more.

So, it was the nervous gremlin cooties I was shedding that caused the glitch.

Thanks for your input.  I have copied it into a Word Document so that I can refer to it in the future if ever I have to go through those steps!

😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi there!

Thats good to hear that Webroot is running great for you now. You are learning on here everyday right? ;)

And you are very welcome!
Userlevel 6

I have a problem with remembering the detailed bits so that's why I have a little llibrary of cut and paste items saved so that I can refer to them when I run into trouble to see if I have a cheat sheet before I have to bother people.

Thanks again for your patience and input!