Where is screen scraping prevented?

• 23 February 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi.. I am a new user and was pleasantly surprised to find that my initial screen scraping attempt using PicPick on my 6 month old Windows 10 machine protected by Webroot SecureAnywhere was prevented...

I did a little searching but gave up quickly. Presumambly / hopefully; i can disable that feature somewhere in the interface/console.

Thanks for any advice / suggestions.. I did try to search in this forum before sending this..

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi nc-drew

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The Shield involved here should be the Identity Protection Shield & is essentially reached, from the main WSA panel, as follows; Identity Protection > Application Protection, and there the user usually has the options to:

1. "Allow"
  2. "Protect"
  3. "Deny"

In the case of Protected Applications:

- "Allowed applications" are not secured against information-stealing malware, and also have full access to protected data on the system. Many applications unintentionally access protected screen contents or keyboard data without malicious intent when running in the background. If you trust an application that is currently marked as "Deny," you can change it to "Allow."

- "Protected applications" are secured against information-stealing malware, but also have full access to data on the system. By default, web browsers are assigned to the "protected" status. If desired, you might also want to add other software applications to "protected," such as financial management software. When you run a protected application, the Webroot icon in the system tray displays a padlock.

- "Denied applications" cannot view or capture protected data on the system, but can otherwise run normally.

You should find that PicPick has an entry in the Protected Applications list and that changing the status will resolve the issue for you.

Do post back with any specific questions that you may have re. the above.

Regards, Baldrick