Solved

Why does webroot say I have lost Internet connection when I haven't?

• 18 October 2016
  • 9 replies

Badge +1
Why does webroot say I have lost Internet connection when I haven't?
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 18 October 2016, 03:29

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi joelwgold

Welcome to the Community Forums.

What I would try doing is to rebot your system and then see if you get the same message/warning from WSA. If you do then please advise what you are doing when it appears and exactly what the message/warning says.

Many thanks, Baldrick
Badge +1
It happens ocassionally when I am clicking on something which requires Internet access. The message is

?

I guess it could be my Internet Service Provider, but it never used to happen and now I see it almost every day.
I dont know what it is either but today when I went to Amazon and wanted to cheack out an item, I got that same thing you are showing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
It happens ocassionally when I am clicking on something which requires Internet access. The message is

?

I guess it could be my Internet Service Provider, but it never used to happen and now I see it almost every day.
Sorry Baldrick is off line so I'll advise. what we usually recommend is a clean reinstall of Webroot if this keeps happening.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? Or you can Submit a Support Ticket free of charge with your active Webroot subscription.

Hope this helps?

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I dont know what it is either but today when I went to Amazon and wanted to cheack out an item, I got that same thing you are showing.
Hi ROBERT1725,

Sorry to hear this. Has this happened again?

Have you restarted your computer? Maybe you had a bad connection to the server or something?

Greetings Sherry and thanks for the reply. I haven't gone back to that particular Amazon item to check to see if its still occurring. Ill get back if it continues.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Greetings Sherry and thanks for the reply. I haven't gone back to that particular Amazon item to check to see if its still occurring. Ill get back if it continues.
Hi Robert,

You are most welcome! Let us know how things go then alright?:D
Hi again Sherry, well...it must have been a fluke because I went back to Amazon and looked once again at the item and that yellow triangle is no longer there. I did a reboot prior to going to Amazon. Perhaps that's what cleared it up.
Much obliged for the suggestions Webroot, all's well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks for letting us know Robert! That's great to hear. ;)