Why might I need/want a backup CD?

• 28 February 2015
  • 3 replies

If Webroot can restore my files remotely, why do I need a CD? Sounds like my computer content already lives on your server(s).

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
If Webroot can restore my files remotely, why do I need a CD? Sounds like my computer content already lives on your server(s).
Hello and Welcome to the Community Forum,

Webrot does not keep an Image of your whole computer hard drive.. Webroot will roill back your computer to the time before it's infection. Webroot portects you from viruses not for a backup drive for your operating system. It cannot replace a CD/DVD backup of Windows.

Please have a look at this video about what happens when Webroot misses a virus

It's very important to have a backup of your operating system or an image of your hard drive, especially if your hard drive fails or if Windows cannot repair your system files. Can't stress the importance of having a back up disc. If you could clone your drive that would be the best and easiet to repair or reinstall your operating sytem and important files and photos, music, etc.

Here's an interesting thread here about back ups.

@ can you add to this?;)

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 3
Thank you. I have an Abbott , what is its it is connected but 8 DIDNOT hve it on the place to put it on , Last week 8 missed my backup and tried to make it up .
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
The Backup CD is an installation CD for Webroot SecureAnywhere. If you click on "ADD BACKUP CD" when purchasing the software it will show up as "Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete Software Installation CD" in the cart. 

-Dan