WinDirStat / LogMeIn / Open SSL and Heartbleed

• 18 April 2014
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Like everyone else, I've become a bit leery of any software that  uses OpenSSL and might be vulnerable to heartbleed.

In the office we have/us WinDirStat (from SourceForge) and LogMeIn Free.  I'm not looking to bash either one, but I'm curious if anyone here has heard anything positive/negative about these.

Thanks in advance!

- Jeff

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Jeff

Well, in terms of LogMeIn their website has an FAQ devoted to answering that sort of question.  In the case of WinDirStat ...I have not found anything referencing it in connection with Heartbleed...so it does not look as if anyone is 'jumping' re. this.

Hope that helps?

Regards

Baldrick

PS...I humbly suggest that this thread should have been started in the Techie forum rather than here...given the nature of the content. ;)
Userlevel 7
Thanks Baldrick. Is there a way to move the thread as you've suggested? - Jeff
Userlevel 7
Hi Jeff

Hope that you are well?  Only Forum Admins cam move the thread to a different forum.  We can engage them to do this if there is any point; by that I mean is whether the thread needs to continue or you issue/question is now addressed.  

If it is then I suggest we leave the thread where it is (other user will find it if required when searching) but if you still need more information to have a satisfactory result then let us know and I can flag this up to the Community Manager for you.;)

Have a great Easter.

Regards

Baldrick