light bulb

Did You Know?

Frequent Voice

Window problems.

I have in the past had window problems, as in like when I try to scan with Malwarebytes the drive selection screen appears behind whatever else is on screen for whatever reason. Recently I have had two oddities with webroot which will be listed below, and then I had an oddity with firefox that was similar to the MB thing I mentioned above. Could these be connected? 1) When webroot complete started its scheduled scan it seemed to freeze, and when I tried to move the scan window there was another scan windows behind it. One of the windows never did start running again, and the other did finish the scan finding nothing. 2) Just recently when I tried to full scan, twice it closed the window, two webroot icons appeared at the bottom right of the screen instead of the normal singular icon, and then the webroot screen popped back up like it was restarted as happens after an update. 3) and then the above thing with firefox.
Kudos: 4,599
Solutions: 296

Re: Window problems.

Hello Cloud, 

I am not sure, but it sounds like a problem with the installation of WSA.  Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing it?

As for the Firefox.. I really am not sure on that one!

David, (shorTcircuiT)

New to the Community? Register now and start posting!

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC)   Download (Best Buy Subscription)   Submit Trouble Ticket   Account Console   User Guides   

"If you don't learn something new every day, you need to pay more attention. I often get my daily learning here so grab a chair and stay a while!"

WSA-Complete (Beta PC), WSA Mobile (Android), WSA Business Mobile (Android) WSA-Endpoint (PC- Some of the time.....)
Topics: 599
Kudos: 7,283
Solutions: 599

[ Edited ]

Hi Cloud,

I have seen these issues a few times myself and I have reported it to JoeJ V.P. of Development I don't see it every time maybe once every two weeks, so if you could please Submit a Support Ticket so that they can gather some logs from your system you can even put the link to this thread in the ticket it would be much appreciated. :smileywink:

TIA,

Daniel

coollogo_com-133794099.gif

asapvip.png  SigSVIP.png EPA.png

Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete Beta Tester v8.0.8.53 on my main system Alienware 17R2, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & HTC One M8 Android Lollipop 5.0.1 Phone v3.6.0.6652.

MVP.gif.png Microsoft® MVP Consumer Security 

Twitter1.png  Untitled-1.png  WBA.png

Frequent Voice

https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicetalk.asp?x=FKALAGKDAFBELCBBBPLLBBBBLIBK8PPHAEBPKGACECKHANAHKB... There's the link. I'd rather no uninstall and reinstall if I don't have to.
Frequent Voice

I should have noted also, that when on the setting menu, the setting window flickers at times. I don't know if that's related or not.

[ Edited ]

I can't see it as I don't work for Webroot I like helping users to the best of my ability also long time user of Prevx before Webroot Acquired Prevx in Nov 2010 and now I help the Webroot Community as WSA was built on Prevx Technology and Webroot has made it even a greater full Cloud Anti-Malware. :smileywink:

Cheers,

Daniel

Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete Beta Tester v8.0.8.53 on my main system Alienware 17R2, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & HTC One M8 Android Lollipop 5.0.1 Phone v3.6.0.6652.

cloud wrote:
I should have noted also, that when on the setting menu, the setting window flickers at times. I don't know if that's related or not.

I have not seen that did you check to see if there are Updated Video Drivers? Also can you tell me what version of Windows you are using and if it's 32bit or 64bit. I see the issues in your first post on Win 7 64bit.

Thanks,

Daniel

Frequent Voice

Oh, you wanted a link in the ticket. Why? And they said that there may be a corrupt file in webroot which is why the reinstall is needed.

[ Edited ]

cloud wrote:
Oh, you wanted a link in the ticket. Why? And they said that there may be a corrupt file in webroot which is why the reinstall is needed.

No I didn't want the link to the Ticket as I'm not able to access them because I don't work for Webroot I'm a Volunteer. Did you do a clean reinstall?

Daniel

EDIT: I knew that I posted about before here in the forums. http://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Scheduled-scanning-has-2-scan-window...

Frequent Voice

Yup. Still have issues like " And just now when it did the scheduled scan it had a problem where the scan window appeared in the middle of the screen, but nothing moved on it, not the numbers or the bar, and when I clicked to move it another scan window was behind it and did have the numbers and the bar moving/changing. This is what happened before I think. "