Solved

Windows 10 False Postives

• 23 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17
  • Popular Voice
  • 86 replies
I installed the Windows 10 Fall creators update and Webroot detected several Rootkits. I ran a full scan and let Webroot attempt to remove the Rootkits. Webroot removed all the Rootkits except for one and a message popped up saying Webroot needed to reboot the system to complete the removal.
The system rebooted, Webroot detected the same Rootkits again.
I stopped the Webroot scan and scanned the system with Malwarebytes which did not detect anything.
I then changed the Heuristic Setting in Webroot from Maximum to Standard and ran a full scan and no Rootkit detected.
I was wondering has anyone had this issue? 
I am assuming there maybe an Issue with the latest Windows updates and Webroot Heuristics.

icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 23 October 2017, 16:08

View original

3 replies

Hello SXR6,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Yes, what you are seeing are FPs based on your Heuristic settings. To avoid these, Webroot recommends the default Heuristic setting "Enable enhanced heuristics based on the behavior, origin, age, and popularity of files."

Hope this info helps,
BD
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
Thank you BD
@ wrote:
Thank you BD
You're welcome, SXR6. I had the same thing happen to me a while ago when I was tinkering around and changed the Heuristic settings. You can be confident in the default settings, too. I've been runnng Webroot on 8 Pc's for over 5 years with the default setting and I have never had any issues on any of them.:D

Cheers,
BD