Solved

about.blank

I keep geting the about.blank pop up. I checked and have my home site set for a different site. In addition on my aditional scan I found over 1000 viruses/malware, mostly Mac Cleaner related. Got rid of them but still get the Mac Cleaner pop up. Any thoughts.
Thanks
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 15 May 2016, 04:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello MEH,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please have a look at the Apple Forum https://discussions.apple.com/message/22752266#22752266 and see if this helps with the about blank? 

Now what I am concerned about is the number of viruses that you say you have or had. Is Mac Cleaner a free program that you have installed on your Mac? Did Webroot say you had all these viruses?  You could actually have Adware or PUAs on you computer.

i think your best bet is to Submit a Support Ticket and have them take a look at your Mac because having/had a 1000 virues/malware on your computer is quite serious IMO. Support is free with  Webroot subscription.

Hope this helps?

Thanks so much. No I didn't knowingly purchase or download Mac Cleaner. Just found it on my computer one day and after I did a scan, my Webroot it did indeed tell me I had all these on my computer. I will submit a Support Ticket. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi MEH,

You are most welcome! Please keep us informed how things go won't you? ;)

Thanks!