add support for opera

Userlevel 1
add webroot filtering extension OFFICIALLY in opera browser
release it to opera store....
this is very important as many people use opera

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi samual91

As Opera is now based on Chrome you can install the Chrome based versions of the Web Filtering Extension (HERE) & Password Manager (HERE)...and they work just fine. Just make sure that you are reading under Opera and the links should take you to the right place.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
i didn't get any button to add it to opera ....like in chrome it has ''add to chrome'

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Turn off your ad blockers and then go back and try again.
Userlevel 1
doesn't work

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Check to see if anything could be affecting the page not showing the button, other extensions and other security software? I don't have Opera but have seen others being able to install so just wondering why you can't?

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
doesn't work

Well, I have just removed the extensions, rebooted, and then tried to install them again and it worked perfectly, so Daniel is correct that something must be blocking your proper access to the Chrome Store.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
well then i tried incognito mode opera

also how can chrome store extension gonna work with opera?????
Userlevel 7
Because Opera is now based on the Chromium web engine...so it is effectively a version of the Chrome browser, as I mentioned in my first post...;)

Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I have foolishly uninstalled My Webroot extensions in Opera.  I wanted to get the latest filtering extension because I hadn't updated it in awhile.  Now I have the same problem as samual91.  There is no button offering to install.

I used to drag the file from WRData into Opera but the files are no longer available.  Is there any solution?  I don't want to live without the filtering extension and I don't want to give up Opera.

Edit:  I found a link in this post which has enable me to install version 1.2.0.73 again.  Thanks Petrovic!

Userlevel 7
Hi kach

I thinthat the reason that you have no 'Add to...' button is because of the fact that the extension is labeled as "Preview". I have just tried the same in Opera on my system. I deleted the existing instance of the extension, and then using the following link:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-filtering-extensi/kjeghcllfecehndceplomkocgfbklffd

I get the following:

which as you can see as an 'Add to Opera' button butis for the 1.2.0.73 version. So I can only surmise that at present the 1.3.0.11 version is not available on general release.

So if you think that is incorrect I would Open a Support Ticket and check out the position with the Support Team re. this.

If you do then please let us know what they come back with.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Thanks Baldrick.  I had the same problem with the link that you used - no 'add to Opera' button.  I had disabled my add blocker, so I'm not sure why.
Userlevel 7
Hi kach

If that is the case then you should open that support ticket that I provide the link for in my previous post. Best thing to do is to get the Support Team to investigate.

Regards, Baldrick