another bug

• 9 October 2013
  • 4 replies

I am using firefox as browser. I tried to access a web i know it has 'malicious' content and (first time ever) an small window appeared letting me to decide whether allow or deny access. Until here all was right. Then i closed firefox and opened chrome, and i tried to gain access same web, my surprise came when the webroot window not triggered and access was allowed. Any problem with chrome? I have checked the same problem with many other webs and happens same.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
The new version of the Web Threat Shield is still in the process of being rolled out. When you receive it, this bug will be resolved. That feature is being rolled out a bit slower than the rest of the new improvements in the 2014 product, but it is on the way.
Thank you for the fast reply
Sorry for reopening the post, but i wonder when will finish the rollout to all browsers. I feel unprotected with chrome knowing no webs are still blocked ( i cant use firefox i dont know exactly why but having some sluggish issues)
Userlevel 7

@ wrote:
Sorry for reopening the post, but i wonder when will finish the rollout to all browsers. I feel unprotected with chrome knowing no webs are still blocked ( i cant use firefox i dont know exactly why but having some sluggish issues)
While I cannot speak for when the new shield will be deployed completely I can assure you that even if your Chrome is not protected by the new shield (BrightCloud), the old Webroot's shield still does its job. Moreover there are other WSA modules, Identity shield, Real time shield, Heuristics etc. They all together keep your PC secure. Don't worry.