Solved

auto signin/autofill:

• 16 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
why do some sites not allow auto sign in or auto fill of credentials from password manager? instead you have to type them in manually.doesn't happen often;but with some sites it does.
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 16 September 2017, 20:32

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi gilcriso1

I have heard of this but have not experienced it myself. And if the site will not autofill (which is rare in my experience) just try left clicking on the Password Manager Toolbar icon and all being well you should see a red circle with a number in it, to the right of the 'Show matching sites' option. If you click on the option it should,then display the website .com name and if you click on that you should have the option to 'Autofill'. Click on that should then fill in the credentials for the site without you having to type then in manually.

Not quite autofill but it is still faster than manual keying.

Hope that helps? 

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Have tried what you suggested as I was aware of of the matching site solution;but on those few sites,it still doesn't take it.So on those few sites I type it in manually.It is rare,thankfully it doesn't happen often. Perhaps they have some sort of extra security measures in place.Right now I'm only dealing with one such site.  
Userlevel 7
As I said...I have not come across the specific issue that you have raised so I would suggest that you Open a Support Ticket and ask the Support Team as to whether there is anything that can be done in this specific circumstances. I suspect not but it never hurts to ask.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Thank you Baldrick I will certainly consider doing that.I really appreciate your input.
Userlevel 7
Hi gilcriso1

You are most welcome...happy to try to help if I can, as do we all here in this Community.

Please do post back here should the Support Team come up with an answer as to the reason for the issue, and better still...a solution. ;)

Regards, Baldrick