cant access password manager after renewing!

• 10 February 2016
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Iam getting this Your keycode has now expired. To continue accessing Passwords please renew your keycode otherwise your data may be lost.! The thing is i renewed 2days before it expired!  Soooo whats up!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Contact support and they should be able to help:
http://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact
Userlevel 7
Hi Slittle75

You should of course follow Nic's advice re. the support ticket but if I may explain?

What you have done is 'pseudo' renewed, i.e., a new keycode is involved, rather than a 'normal' renewal when there is no new keycode involved and the time for the new subscription period is just added to you existing keycode. What you have effectively done is started a new subscription.

If, as you do, the user doing this uses either Internet Security Plus or Complete versions and the Password Manager and or the Back up and Sync features, then moving to a new keycode will mean that you can no longer access your data stored against the old keycode. This is because the data is keyed by a number if elements of data one of which is the keycode that was active when you stored the data...change the keycode changes the key that will be used for access and so anything stored with the previous keycode is no longer 'avaialble'.

The only way to resolve this is for Support to intervene...hence Nic's recommendation that you open a support ticket.

Hope that helps you to understand 'what is going on'?

Regards, Baldrick