• 2 replies

My computer cursor wont stop flashing. Help

2 replies

My computer cursor wont stop flashing. Help

EDIT: <Threads merged as duplicates> Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi ezellbranch

Weclome to the Community Forums.

Well, first thing I would say is that since Windows 7 (if I am not mistaken) the 'busy' cursor is a spinning circle, therefore if your mouse is truly 'blinking' there is probably something else going on.

If it is truly 'blinking' or 'flashing. then the first thing to do is to see if you can run a scan with Webroot; if you have nt yet done so then please do so and either let us know the results or that you are unable to scan.

So secondly, on the assumption that the the mouse is showing 'busy' constantly then something is doing that and a process of elimination is required.

Assuming 'busy' rather than 'blinkiing' you should therefore check what processes are running in the Task Manager (to access that right click the Taskbar and select 'Task Manager'. In the new dialog displayed select the 'Processes' tab, then click the option at the bottom to either in Windows 7 'Show processes from all users' or in Windows 8 and above 'More details'. Once you have the expanded Task Manager showing, click the CPU column to list processes in CPU Usage order and see what process is continuously using CPU time. It should bne the processs either list as top or very close to the top and be using the most if not all the CPU.

Post back the details here and we can look to try to take it from there.

Regards, Baldrick