Is edge compatible with webroot?  If so how do I set it up.  Thank you

Winston2
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 22 December 2016, 19:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi winston2

What Edge compatibility from WSA are you looking for precisely? If you could explain a little more we might be able to advise?

Are you looking to have Edge protected by the Identity Shield? If so then let us know and we can provide guidance re. that.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi winston2

I am going to assume that you do want to protect Edge using the Identity Shield and provide the guidance as follows:

1. Click on the gear/cog symbol to the right of the Identity Protection tab in the main app panel.
  2. From the panel displayed select the Application Protection tab.
  3. On the next panel click on the 'Add application' button
  4. Navigate to the following path: C:WindowsSystemAppsMicrosoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe
  5. Select (in turn the following .exes; MicrosoftEdge & MicrosoftCPEdge, click 'Open' after each selection to get them registered in the Application Protection window.
  6. Make sure that the entry for each of the aforementioned .exes is 'Protect',
and thereafter WSA will protect your browsing with Edge as it does but default for Chrome, IE, Firefox, etc., i.e., you should see the 'Golden Padlock' display in the WSA notification tray icon.

I hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
Thanks for the info, however I followed the steps you provided and it kept saying no such path. Tried it numerous time with same results. Do you suggest I put a ticket in?  Have a happy holiday, and as always thanks for the help, God do I need it.

winston2
Userlevel 7
Hi winstone2

I suspect that you file name is different to the one on my system so in that case I would just (i) navigate to C:WindowsSystemApps, (ii) search for the file that has this prefix 'Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_' irrespective of what characters are found after the '_' and look to register that one under Identity protection.

If that does not work the I would certainly submit a support ticket so that the Support Team can take a look for you.

Have a great Festive Period & a Happy New Year.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Here are the files and add both exe's to the Identity Shield!