Solved

email change query

Userlevel 3
Have just been notified that Orange are closing down their email service at the end of the month.
When I first registered I used my   XXXXXXX @tenan.fsnet .co.uk email address and it pops up on my Sign in/log in screen above my password.
Having delved into the Cosole in order to change it, although I can see a reference to it, I find that I can't change it.
1st of all do I need to change it?
2nd, if iI do can you advise me how please?

Thanks in advance
Ade

icon

Best answer by roadhog 5 May 2017, 16:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello roadhog,

Email on your Account can only be change by Webroot Support. Also if you are using Webroot's Password Manager I would ask if changing your email address effects PWM. If it does, Support will help you sort that also.

Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

HTH,
Dave.;)
Userlevel 3
That's great.
I'll let you know how I get on
Thanks

Ade

Just contacted them, waiting for a reply
Ade

Userlevel 7
Just a reminder @ if you put a Support Ticket in, Please wait until Support answers. If you put another one in that put you at the end of the queue and longer to wait for a answer. ;)
Userlevel 3
Thanks for that
Ade
Userlevel 3
had a response from Support

''Thank you for contacting Webroot Support.

Unfortunately, there is no way to change the email associated to the Management Website Account. Although we do have methods of keeping the account available.

You can continue to use the account exactly how it is, and just treat the "email" for the account as a "username". You do not need access to the email associated to the account unless you forget your password or security code. If you do, we can assist you.

However, if you would like to add a sub-user to your Online Management Account, please click here for complete instructions.

Otherwise, if you want to change to the alternate email, we can have the current keycode removed from the console it is in now which will allow you to create a new account with the email of your choice. If you would like to do this, for security reasons, please call us at 1-866-612-4227 during normal business hours. Webroot's Customer Support business hours are 7:00 am to 6:00 pm, MST, Monday through Friday.

For international contact information, click here. When the Contact Us page opens, click the tab for the country that works best for you.

Sincerely,
Webroot Support Team''

I have decided to leave well alone , as it's the easiest solution

Thanks all for your assistance
Ade
Userlevel 7
Thank you Ade for posting Supports response. This will help others with this same problem. ;)