Solved

help with keycode

• 10 July 2016
  • 5 replies

i renewed my webroot it is up to 5 devices it took the keycode for mine but will not accept it for husbands   please help

icon

Best answer by Baldrick 10 July 2016, 20:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi bayoubelle43

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Assuming that you have not exceeded the number of devices subscribed for I would perform an uninstall/clean reinstall of WSA on your Husband's system. If you would like to try this then please follow the steps below closely!

? Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
? KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
? Download a Copy HERE (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
? Uninstall WSA and Reboot
? Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
? Let it finish it's install scan
? Reboot once again

and see if that sorts the issue for you. If not then please post back and we will take another look at the issue for you.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello,

To add to what Baldrick said and if you have it installed on to many systems you will have to go to your Online Console and remove a device before you can add another and if you have the Complete version that is good for 5 Devices not anymore, if you continue to have issues please Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort this all out.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Hi bayoubelle43

And just to add further...given that Daniel has very observantly point out that you may be using the Complete version and if so then most importantly, did you renew your subscription by adding time to your existing keycode or did you effectively by a new one and received a New keycode?

If it is the latter case case and you use the Password Manager and/or Backup & Sync you must contact support by Submitting a Support Ticket and ask them to move your Password Manager & Backup & Sync-related data from the old to the new keycode.  

The reason for this is that the access to the data is keyed to the keycode and obviously if you change keycode you will not be able to access data keyed under the old keycode when using the new keycode. You have 30 days from activating the new keycode before the staired data under the old keycode is deleted.

If you have to do this and run into any issues do come back here, and we will see how we can help further 

Plus, you need to be aware that once you install WSA on your Husband's system you will effectively be sharing the keycode with him.  And if you use the Password Manager and/or Backup & Sync features, this means that unless you set him up with his own online account then he will have access to your Password Manager and/or Backup & Sync data...and, of course, vice versa.

Now that may not be an issue for you but if it is then please post back and I can then provide guidance on how to set things up for separate accounts.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
? ? That flew right over my head so thanks for the pick up Solly! Helpers helping Helpers!

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7
No worries, Daniel...as you have always said...it is all about TEAMWORK. :D