help with sms n call blocking

• 16 March 2015
  • 4 replies

On my MTC M8 One when I try to block a number and pick from the call list, or enter the number directly, I get a message that the number must be a valid number.
I know it is a scam call, but how can I block it when it shows up as an invalid number?
I am using a Chrome browser, because after I updated my phone to the lollipop 5, Firefox crashes. However, this problem happened before the upgrade also.
I would also like to know, why SMS and call blocking sends the caller directly to my voicemail rather than totally blocking and not even allowing them access to my phone?
I appreciate any help you can provide.
Thank You.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello SASB,

Please have a look here at the Android User Guide

I have my Call &SMS blocking all on and then the Unidentified Number will not leave a voice message .

Hope this helps and if not please get back to us.

Regards,

yes. If i block all unidentified callers, then my mother, who has her phone on caller ID block can never get through. However, the spam calls that I am receiving are not unidentified calls. The caller ID shows either "Virginia" or "state of North Carolina" and it shows a phone number. The problem is that this is a bogus phone number and when I try to add it to my block list it tells me I must use a valid number. Since I received a call from this number, I don't know why it tells me its not a valid number, And why I can't block it?
I did not mean to mark this post as "solved". Thought the checkmark was for marking "helpful."
Don't know how to retract that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello SASB,

I guess I've had that problem as well. So I have't got a solution for that. If you can't add from your Contact list or the state with that number I can't  figure out what you can do.

if you aren't able to add a bogus number from your contact list then I don't know honestly.

Maybe you'll have to submit a Support ticket and see if they can help with this which is free of charge with an active subscri[ption

If you get this resolved with Support would you get back to us since we would like to know how this was resolved? Thanks,

Sorry I couldn't help.

Regards,