how can I suspend the lock from webroot

why I cannot down load and install other software

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Webroot wont block legitimate software, I will take a guess that you are trying to download from a 3rd party vendor. Go directly to the software vendor (i.e Adobe homepage)
Userlevel 7
Hi cran865

Welcome to the Community Forums.

It would be very useful if you would provide some additional information about this 'lock' as you call it.  Are you being prevented from downloading/installing any applications or software or is it just the case with specific apps/software?  Are you getting any messages or warnings when this 'lock' occurs?  If so then please provide some details on this.

Also, are you trying to download the apps/software from 3rd party websites or dirtectly from the author(s) of the app(s)/software?  If from 3rd party sites then it is quite possible that WSA is preventing this due to the detection of malware or bundled/addon non-malware apps we call PUAs or Potentially Unwanted Applications, and if that is the case then generally downloading from the author's website should resolve the issue.

Hope that helps but if not then please provide the informatrion requested so that we can try to help further.

Regards, Baldrick