how do I reactivate my account

• 29 March 2015
  • 3 replies

how do i reactivate my account after installing new keycode (renewal)

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello

How to Reactivate a PC
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/How-to-Reactivate-a-PC/ta-p/28954
I logged into my account and the pc security box is gray not green I am unable to do anything
Userlevel 7
Hi paq65

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I need to check out what you mean by "new keycode (renewal); is it that you renew your previous subscription and therefore are using the SAME keycode as before or did you purchase a new subscription which came with a NEW keycode that you have entered into WSA to activate?

The reason for asking is these are two very different 'renewals' and need to be treated differently.because in the case of the first you should have little to do but in the case of the second you will be setting up an new keycode under the online account (assuming that you used the same email address for both subscriptions), and then under that knew keycode you should be able to add a device under the PC Security option.

There are also a couple of items I should bring to your attention if you have actually a new keycode in play but more on that later. So assuming that you have actually renewed with a NEW keycode:

Firstly, you should try logging into the online console and annd once on the main page click on the link with your email address in t (top right of the panel), selecting 'Manage keycode', and from the new panel, if your NEW keycode is not listed then click the 'Add Product Code' to add it to the Console.  Once added you should see both old and new Keycode displated; just click on the new keycode to take you into main page for that keycode and then click on PC Security to add the device (if not already recorded).

Secondly, if you could try running a scan (this initiates a transfer of not only scanned information but also pushes subscription-related/admin data to Webroot) and then giving the system an hour or so before checking your Console again.

Thirdly, and more drastically, you could try an uninstall/clean install...for which I can provide guidamce but will not at this point clutter up my reply with (but please let us know if you need it and it can be provided).

(i) this for future renewals now obviously; do not enter the new keycode until the current one has expired because if you have any time on the old one that will continue to run down even though you have activated the new one, and so you would effectively "lose" the time still left on the old one. And

(ii) if you currently use either Internet Security Plus or Complete versions  (you are posting in the Complete forum) and the Password Manager and or the Back up and Sync features, then moving to a new keycode will mean that you can no longer access your data stored against the old keycode...so if this is the case you will need to Open a Support Ticket and ask the Support Team to transfer the date from current to new keycode, once you have activated the latter...you have about 30 days to do that before the data is deleted.

Apologies for the lengthy ramble but I hope that answers explain what you are seeing and what to do to resolve the issues?  If not then please come back and advise further as to what you need help with.  

Regards, Baldrick