how to add family member

• 4 October 2015
  • 1 reply

Just got the 5 Devices Webroot.  I am the master account person.  How do I add the accounts to my family members?  On the Password section, can you strict them to only see certain groups only?

Need instructions on the step by steps.:

adding a family member
getting them on the password user account...how does it work

is there password account on the phone apps

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome to the Community!

So many questions!  That is good.. we like questions here :)

1) YES, you can add additional family members.  Your WSA-Complete allows you to create up to 5 Users.  Your Master user is already created, so you can add 4 more.  Each user added will have it's own Password account, and they are secure.  Not even the Master account can view the Password data OR Backup&Sync data of the other users.

To create a new user:
  • Click your email address at the upper right corner
  • Select Manage Users
  • Click "Create New Users"
  • FIll in the form, and make sure to check to allow Console Access
  • You probably want to give BASIC Console Access (Not admin.. you don't want the others being able to make changes!)
  • PC Security should be No Access or Basic
  • Mobile Security should be Access if that user will be needing to use the Mobile app
  • Backup&Sync can be set either way, but remember you have a TOTAL of 25 Gb that ALL users share.  I am greedy, so I set this for No Access and keep all the room to myself :)
Once you have the profile options set, save the new user.
Then, click the Edit button on the far right side of the new user line.
You can edit ALL options after you have created the user, so if you made a mistake above you can fix it any time you want.
Click the Access&Permissions tab
At the bottom, check mark the space to allow Passwords access.

The Mobile/phone app does have a Password Manager function but ONLY in the Secure Web Browser.  There is no 'plug in' to the normal browsers like we have in Windows.  

You will want the other users to download the WSA Mobile Complete version, that will automatically add and install the main WSA Mobile app, the Secure Web Browser and the Backup&Sync app.

I hope this helps!