Solved

how to remove from hard drivw

• 20 January 2017
  • 3 replies

My Webroot has expired and I am going to a different choice,  Unable to delete from computer.  Delation states it has ben removed, but still remains on my hard drive.  How do I completely remove the application from my computer?  It is preventing me to activate other software.  Which now I have no security. 
Need help.
icon

Best answer by JP_ 20 January 2017, 21:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello

Please have a look at this article regarding uninstallation issues.
Userlevel 7
Hi thruhiseyes

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Please let me elucidate...sometimes there is an issue uninstalling WSA...these are rare bit happen, and when they do, i.e., either the uninstall option under Add/Remove Programs is missing or you try to uninstall using that option then the option described in the article posted by Petr is the first approach to try.

Please note that if you do then you need to run the command using an elevate command prompt, i.e., you need to run it from a CMD prompt that you have opened with Administrator privileges (if you need instructions on how to do that then please post back).

If however this does not work, and it does happen sometimes, then the next option is to boot into Safe Mode WITH Networking, and then run the install option again from there. That should work.

Hope that helps to clarify the point?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Greetings, @.

If the steps that Petr and Baldrick provided were unsuccessful (make sure you attempt to uninstall inside of Safe Mode), please contact our Support Team for further assistance:

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am?6pm MT
Send us a Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Cheers,