cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Popular Voice

identiy shield question

I fully understand that Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Opera are the only browsers supported by Firefox. I understand that Edge is not. However if I enter Microsoftedge.exe and Microsoftedgecp.exe into the identity shield Application protection screen in Webroot, even though it makes Edge unusable I see the little gold padlock on the Webroot icon in the task manager, as I do with Firefox, Chrome and Opera. When I put the Vivaldi.exe into the identity protection screen I do not see the little gold padlock. I was under the impression that the gold padlock showed when the executable program was entered into the Webroot identity shield application screen and that program opened. Am I wrong?
45 REPLIES
Bronze VIP

Re: identiy shield question

Well Edge is protected by the Web Threat Shield if you go to a bad website but you will not see any search annotations because they don't support the Webroot Extensions. I hear it's on the list to get them added to Edge and the same with the ID Shield but time will tell.

Please Kudo this Idea: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Add-support-for-Microsoft-Edge-within-Identity-Shiel...

HTH,

Daniel Bow.gif  “Truth is more of a stranger than fiction.” (Mark Twain)

EPA.giforiginal (6).png   

original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security beta_tester_transparent.png

Alienware 17R5 Laptop with the new i9-8950HK Processor Overclock-able to 5.0GHz - 2 Samsung 960 Pro PCIe NVMe M.2 512GB + 1 Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD's with 32GB of G.SKILL Ripjaws RAM and NVIDIA GTX 1080 GPU Overclocked. Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 1809 x64.

Popular Voice

Well Edge is protected by the Web Threat Shield if you go to a bad website but you will not see any search annotations because they don't support the Webroot Extensions. I hear it's on the list to get them added to Edge and the same with the ID Shield but time will tell.

I understand the issue with Edge, but my question is in regards to the Vivaldi browser and Identity shield. I was able to install both the web filtering extension and the password manager.  I entered the Vivaldi.exe program into the Identity shield appIlication screen in WSA.  My question is why I do not see the little gold padlock on the Webroot icon in the taskbar.  I was under the impression that when the application .exe file was entered into the identity shield application screen and entered that .exe program the little gold padlock would  appear.

Bronze VIP

@tmitch06905 wrote:

Well Edge is protected by the Web Threat Shield if you go to a bad website but you will not see any search annotations because they don't support the Webroot Extensions. I hear it's on the list to get them added to Edge and the same with the ID Shield but time will tell.

I understand the issue with Edge, but my question is in regards to the Vivaldi browser and Identity shield. I was able to install both the web filtering extension and the password manager.  I entered the Vivaldi.exe program into the Identity shield appIlication screen in WSA.  My question is why I do not see the little gold padlock on the Webroot icon in the taskbar.  I was under the impression that when the application .exe file was entered into the identity shield application screen and entered that .exe program the little gold padlock would  appear.

Sorry I didn't read far enough. It could be Vivaldi is just not supported like most other Browsers. And I understand what you are saying but I have not been testing other apps within ID Shield for awhile.

Google Chrome® 11 and newer

Internet Explorer® version 11 and newer (Windows XP IE8)

Microsoft Edge® (partial support)

Mozilla® Firefox® version 3.6 and newer

Safari 5 and newer

Opera 11 and newer

EPA.giforiginal (6).png   

original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security beta_tester_transparent.png

Alienware 17R5 Laptop with the new i9-8950HK Processor Overclock-able to 5.0GHz - 2 Samsung 960 Pro PCIe NVMe M.2 512GB + 1 Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD's with 32GB of G.SKILL Ripjaws RAM and NVIDIA GTX 1080 GPU Overclocked. Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 1809 x64.

Bronze VIP

@tmitch06905 have a look here: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_identityshield_userguide/wsa_identityshield_userguide.htm

EPA.giforiginal (6).png   

Bronze VIP

@tmitch06905 I did a quick test by adding Outlook.exe and the 2 Snagit exe's and I do get the Padlock on the Tray Icon with none of my Browsers open, so please try again by adding the Vivaldi.exe to the ID shield and make sure the Browser is full screen and click anywhere within the Browser to give it Foreground Focus and then look at the tray icon and see if the Padlock shows?

2018-10-26_19-17-30.png2018-10-26_19-16-48.png

EPA.giforiginal (6).png   

Popular Voice

@

Bronze VIP

@tmitch06905 wrote:

@

Is there another exe for somewhat like Edge?

EPA.giforiginal (6).png   

Popular Voice

I searched my hard drive and there is only one vivaldi.exe program and that is the one my shorcut on the desktop points to.  This has me puzzled.

Bronze VIP

@TripleHelix wrote:

@tmitch06905 wrote:

@

Is there another exe for somewhat like Edge?

Well things have changed within Edge as there is only one .exe now on Windows 10 1809 build so I will have to do more testing! Unlike I posted here in March: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Adding-Microsoft-Edge-to-Protect/m-...

2018-10-26_19-45-55.png

EPA.giforiginal (6).png