Did you mean: 
Gold VIP

Re: identiy shield question

@bjm_ wrote:

3981.png

I C "padlock", as previously stated.

3982.png

Regards w Respect

My installation is not like that, but as per the path previously posted, and there is no 'Golden Padlock' in sight!

Untitled-1.png

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Beta Tester v9.0.24.37, imaged by Macrium Reflect v7.2

Popular Voice

BJM

You show a path to Vivaldi as C:\Users\bjms\AppData\Local\Application\vivaldi.exe.  The path on my machine is C:\users\ThomasMitchell\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\Application\Vivaldi.exe.

Capture.PNG

There is no sub folder Application under the folder Local.  Only a Vivaldi folder with a sub folder of Application where the Vivalde.exe file is located.  It is this path that is in my Identity shield and shows no gold padlock.  Why is your path different than mine and Baldricks? And why would it make a difference.  I always thought that if a .exe file was in the identity shield and opened a gold padlock show. The fact that you show a gold padlock and Vivaldi has a different path than me or Baldrick has me very confused.

Community Leader

@tmitch06905 wrote:

BJM

You show a path to Vivaldi as C:\Users\bjms\AppData\Local\Application\vivaldi.exe.  The path on my machine is C:\users\ThomasMitchell\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\Application\Vivaldi.exe.

Capture.PNG

There is no sub folder Application under the folder Local.  Only a Vivaldi folder with a sub folder of Application where the Vivalde.exe file is located.  It is this path that is in my Identity shield and shows no gold padlock.  Why is your path different than mine and Baldricks? And why would it make a difference.  I always thought that if a .exe file was in the identity shield and opened a gold padlock show. The fact that you show a gold padlock and Vivaldi has a different path than me or Baldrick has me very confused.

I installed Vivaldi just to test for "padlock".  I'm not experienced Vivaldi user.  Maybe, I did something wrong.  I added shortcut path and saw "padlock".    Just tried to help.   

3979.png

Edit: adding pics

3983.png3980.png

Gold VIP

Hi tmitch06905

No worries...I had noticed that a few times when using Vivaldi (I have a number of browsers which I use; Maxthon, Vivaldi, Iron, Edge, Chrome & Firefox, to name but a few)

In terms of Vivaldi...I like it but I would not say I would prefer it over Chrome or a Chromium derivative like Iron every time.

It has its strengths which includes some features that other browsers have, but then again Maxthon has features that Vivaldi does not...so in my book it is horses for courses, given that not everyone would necessarily be interested/appreciate or need/want to use all of the features you have specifically mentioned. Which is not to discount them, I hasten to add.

But everyone is looking for speed, probably more than anything else and so that tends to be my base line benchmark.

So in terms of that I find that on my system Vivaldi is up there with the best...but then again the latest offerings from Opera & Iron seem just as speedy if not more so. And both Chrome & Edge have improved/are improving, with only poor old Firefox still lagging behind...at present.

Personally, I have left my default browser as Edge...and tend to use it for the things that currently it does well, and use the others including Vivaldi for specific activities.

FInally, I should point out that it is not just Vivaldi that has this issue; Maxthon also is in a similar position in that if its .exe is set to 'Protect' then it will not launch. One has to set it to 'Allow' before it will launch, if registered under Identity Protection.

So, bottom line  is, it is complicated.

Regards, Baldrick

Untitled-1.png

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Beta Tester v9.0.24.37, imaged by Macrium Reflect v7.2

Popular Voice

I find it very interesting that BJM just installed Vivaldi and is installed to a different path than Baldrick and me and he sees the gold padlock.  Just for the halibut I am going to back up my Vivaldi profile folder, completely uninstall/reinstall Vivaldi and see what happens.

Community Leader

@tmitch06905 wrote:

I find it very interesting that BJM just installed Vivaldi and is installed to a different path than Baldrick and me and he sees the gold padlock.  Just for the halibut I am going to back up my Vivaldi profile folder, completely uninstall/reinstall Vivaldi and see what happens.

I installed Vivaldi just to test for "padlock".  I'm not experienced Vivaldi user.  Maybe, I did something wrong.

Gold VIP

Sounds like a plan...let me know what you find. Smiley Wink

Untitled-1.png

Community Leader

@bjm_ wrote:

@tmitch06905 wrote:

I installed Vivaldi just to test for "padlock".  I'm not experienced Vivaldi user.  Maybe, I did something wrong.

Appears default install path is AppData\Local\Vivaldi. 
So, appears I stumbled upon alternate install path. 
My bad. 
Starting over with Vivaldi install at default install path.

3984.png

Edit: adding new pics

C:\Users\bjms\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi.exe

3986.png3987.png3988.png3989.png

Edit:

3990.png

Popular Voice

SUCESS.  I uninstalled/reinstalled Vivaldi.  Installed to the same path as before.  Still no gold padlock.  I uninstalled/reinstalled WSA and added Vivaldi to the identity shield and sucess.  I now have the gold padlock.  Thanks to all who jumped in on this.

Community Leader

Thank you for that useful information, @tmitch06905 and particularly @bjm_.

Vivaldi is one of those browsers that I have been thinking on and off of trying when I find time (and I have been particularly encouraged by @tmitch06905's recent positive review of it), but one of the things that bothered me was that Identity Shield appears not to work properly alongside it, i.e. lack of padlock with worrying implication that Identity Shield is either not functioning properly or not functioning at all. Thank you, @bjm_ (and @tmitch06905), for showing us otherwise (and how to get there in the event of a hitch!) Smiley Happy