cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Leader

Re: identiy shield question

AppData is the default location, by which it installs just for the current user. You can click the Advanced button and choose to install for all users as well as change the location.

3988.png

Popular Voice

@bjm_

One learns something new every day.  Thank you for that info.  Just looked and found I did the same thing with Opera when I installed it so I moved it to c:\program files also.  Again WRSA automatically added it to the identity shield screen.  We keep going this thread may never die (lol)

Tmitch06905

Bronze VIP

Now that this is done on my part, time to uninstall Vivaldi as I find it nothing special and don't need it.

Daniel Bow.gif  “Truth is more of a stranger than fiction.” (Mark Twain)

EPA.giforiginal (6).png   

original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security beta_tester_transparent.png

Alienware 17R5 Laptop with the new i9-8950HK Processor Overclock-able to 5.0GHz - 2 Samsung 960 Pro PCIe NVMe M.2 512GB + 1 Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD's with 32GB of G.SKILL Ripjaws RAM and NVIDIA GTX 1080 GPU Overclocked. Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 1809 x64.

Gold VIP

Hi Daniel

Did a thorough uninstall of Vivaldi using Revo...boy, does it leave a lot of debris behind. Smiley Frustrated

Then reinstalled it base don what yo usuggested...and nothing. Left it for a while and still nothinig. Rebooted, tried Vivaldi again...and low & behold...a padlock. So why it needed a reboot I really do not know...but there you go.

So thanks for the tip...that is now sorted.

Regards, Baldrick

Untitled-1.png

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Beta Tester v9.0.24.37, imaged by Macrium Reflect v7.2

Popular Voice

You are right about Vivaldi uninstall leaving a lot of debris behind.  I used CCleaner and then went in and deleted the leftover folders.  I was able to backup my profile folder prior to  uninstalling.  If all is well do you think we can put this thread to bed although I did learn something which is good.  Thanks to all who jumped in.

tmitch06905

Bronze VIP

@Baldrick wrote:

Hi Daniel

Did a thorough uninstall of Vivaldi using Revo...boy, does it leave a lot of debris behind. Smiley Frustrated

Then reinstalled it base don what yo usuggested...and nothing. Left it for a while and still nothinig. Rebooted, tried Vivaldi again...and low & behold...a padlock. So why it needed a reboot I really do not know...but there you go.

So thanks for the tip...that is now sorted.

Regards, Baldrick

Same here and with CCleaner and I also do a search of my PC for "Vivaldi"

2018-10-28_21-13-37.png

Daniel Bow.gif  “Truth is more of a stranger than fiction.” (Mark Twain)

EPA.giforiginal (6).png   

original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security beta_tester_transparent.png

Alienware 17R5 Laptop with the new i9-8950HK Processor Overclock-able to 5.0GHz - 2 Samsung 960 Pro PCIe NVMe M.2 512GB + 1 Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD's with 32GB of G.SKILL Ripjaws RAM and NVIDIA GTX 1080 GPU Overclocked. Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 1809 x64.