Solved

new wifi, webroot icon now grayed out, no pc protection now

Userlevel 4
Changed wifi from Verizon to Apple, but while the desktop recognizes it the Webroot icon in the upper left corner is grayed out and I cannot access it.  On the bottom of my monitor however, the icon is green and useable so at least I could get here....finally after repeated attempts.  The grayed out icon does request my email and password, but when I enter it the password it turns into an entire line of continuous dots so nothing happens.  It is frustrating and I am hesitant about surfing web without my normal protection and webroot scans.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Have also changed my smartphone from an LG V10 to Apple 7+ and need to get this change made on my console too. Am having trouble getting to my console too. Thank you for any thoughts or ideas.
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 3 January 2017, 21:39

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello notpcwise, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.:D

Sorry you are having these problems. I would suggest Calling Webroot Support. They will be able to sort all these problems you are having.

Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

HTH,
Dave.;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi notpcwise,

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. I do not understand what Webroot icon that is grey on the left upper croner. Are you talking about the Password Manager? That does require an email and Password. Can you tell me what Browser you are using?

If you are having issues signing into the Account Console please look below where you can change your password.

Follow the instructions below to reset your password or security code.
    [list=1]
  1. Click here to access the management website.
[/list] 
  1. Click on the "Can't log in?" link in blue next to the Log In button. [img]https://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_changecredentials4.png[/img]  
  2. Select if you would like to reset your Password or Personal Security Code. [img]https://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_changecredentials5.png[/img]  
  3. Enter your email address in the box provided. [img]https://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_changecredentials6.png[/img]
Also with your new Apple device. Please read here.

Now you can also Submit a Support Ticket and they will take care of all your issues...free of charge.

Or call:
M-F 7am?8pm MT
Call 1-866-612-4268

Hope this helps?

Userlevel 4
Hi ProTruckDriver thank you for advising me. It seems the grayed out Webroot icon was dealing with Chrome extensions but the green WR icon at the bottom did allow me to scan my pc and get to my console where all is well. We are in a rural area and bad weather sometimes hampers getting anywhere and I think this is what happened. I very much appreciated your help. Thank you
Userlevel 4
Hi Ssherjj - long time since I've been back to get help and again I thank you.   Your question about my browser encouraged me to check into it. I am using Chrome. And while I didn't know it at the time I posted my question, it turns out it was the Password Manager icon.  It did require email and Password but as of this morning it still doesn't work.  When I checked Chrome it said that my extension file couldn't be found, but as I mentioned to ProTruckDriver, the green Webroot Icon, at the bottom of my screen, did allow me to scan my pc this morning and when I got to my console everything was protected.  I ran a scan from the active icon and nothing was detected so I feel so much more comfortable this morning.  (ok afternoon *sigh*) I think I panicked (oh surprise!!) when it comes to these type of things.  Computers are still a glorius mystery to me and while I love them, I am the biggest klutz going. As long as i can scan and get to my console I am ok :D  Again I thank you for taking the time to help me out. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
It's always great to hear from you. I'm elated everything is going as it should. 

Your always most welcome!  ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Just to let you know that the Web Filter Extension shows in the Menu bar as well and if it's grayed out that tells me that the Web Filter is not working at the time of using Chrome so if it continues please Submit a Support Ticket and let them know as we Beta testers are using a newer version which has fixed the crashing of the Web Filter! I will ping @ and @ so they can see this!

See here for more info: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Announcements-and-Release-Notes/Notice-of-Bug-Fix-Web-Threat-Shield/m-p/278694

HTH,

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Oh I think I overlooked your Password Manager. .is it still not letting you sign in? Maybe you need the Password Manager extention from the Google store. I'm not at a computer right now so @ProTruckDriver  or @TripleHelix post the link?

Edited. .looks like Daniel has assisted here!Thanks Daniel 
Userlevel 7
PASSWORD MANAGER:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-password-manager/ngkhgikojglcgnckopipfdajaifmmnnc

FILTERING EXTENSION:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-filtering-extensi/kjeghcllfecehndceplomkocgfbklffd/details
Userlevel 4
Hi Daniel, I printed out Mike R's article (because I have a mind like a steel sieve) when I >the icon at top right of screen, green w/white checkmark, a paragraph came up about Webroot reliability.  The grayed out jigsaw puzzle piece says "your file was not found..." and the grayed out W opens a sign-in window that has that series of dots when I enter my password and wants me to "try again". I have some other emails I am just getting to and will let everyone know what happens.  I thank you so much for taking the time to help me.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hi Daniel, I printed out Mike R's article (because I have a mind like a steel sieve) when I >the icon at top right of screen, green w/white checkmark, a paragraph came up about Webroot reliability.  The grayed out jigsaw puzzle piece says "your file was not found..." and the grayed out W opens a sign-in window that has that series of dots when I enter my password and wants me to "try again". I have some other emails I am just getting to and will let everyone know what happens.  I thank you so much for taking the time to help me.  
It might be easier just to do a clean reinstall!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue over the next couple of days?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉