Solved

password manager issues

• 4 April 2014
  • 4 replies

Hello,
I use norton Identity Safe Vault on my desktop and it works great for saving passwords and logging in. On my laptop I just bought I have Webroot. The issues I am having with my p-word mgr. is that it doesn't seem to recognize when an online id and a password are on seperate pages. There are several of my sites it cannot get the auto fill right. I am wondering if I can disable the webroot p-word manager and use Identity Safe Vault or if it would not be compatible with webroot antivirus/malware. Is anyone else having issues with webroot password manager?
Thanks for any input,,
Chip
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 5 April 2014, 03:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi chip2
I'm little voice I have learned that 2 of a kind different products don't usually work well together. But to disable Webroot would be like putting a hole in your security. I don't have a problem unless my passwords are the same. Then it will not except it all. Hope that helps.

little voice
Frequent Voice
Userlevel 7
Hello Chip, welcome to the Webroot Community!

The Webroot Password Manager is not currently able to handle logins in which the login and password are on separate pages by default.  That said, you might be able to work around the issue by creating one entry for the URL containing the login and a second entry for the URL containing the password.

Or...you might try making a couple Form entries for i.

Your own solution also would be quite fine.  The Password Manager is a browser extension, so it is simple to disable within the  browser extension settings.

As for using Norton amd Webroot both at the same time...... perfectly fine, in fact we have several members here who use a dual AV approach to security.  Webroot is designed to be compatible with other solutions!

You will want to install Norton first, as that installer does not realize Webroot is quite compatible.  Once Norton is installed, then install Webroot, and then in your case disable only the Password Manager if that is your choice.

Let us know if you have any problems!
Thank you for the information. I know it will be very helpfull.
chip2
Userlevel 7
If you have any questions or problems, just let us know 🙂