Solved

password manager missing in chrome

• 20 August 2015
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7
Hi, I was trying to install Win 10 upgrade (big mistake!!!) and was advised to uninstall 3rd. party security, after abandoning the upgrade & reinstalling WSA, I can no longer find my password manager icon.
Please help,
Thanks,
Discworlder
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 20 August 2015, 15:49

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

This sometimes does happen and to try to resolve it you can try running the Toolbarfix tool.  You can download it for here.  Once downloaded launch it by clicking on the executable, and you should see the following, if then that is fine and you should click on 'Run':

which should then take you to the following dialog:

on which you should choose/check the option 'Repair/Install the Webroot Toolbar' and then press 'Start'.

That should initiate the fix process and you just have to wait for it to finish, close the dialog and then check in your browser to see if the Password Manager Toolbar icon is now visible.  If the fix has been successful you should see the following greyed out icon in a toolbar at the top of the IE browser page:

One then double cliks on that so that the login dialog is presented, etc.

Please check the above out and come back if anything is not clear or if it does not help/respond to your query.

Kind Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge +7
Hi Sherry,
Thanks for the prompt reply, the icon is there in the IE browser still not in Chrome.
D
Userlevel 7
Hello there!  If I can add to what ? has said:

Chrome has both a good, and equally annoying, security feature that prevents add ons from being installed if they have been removed by the user in the past.. and that makes things a bit complicated.  It looks to me that is what is happening here.

FIRST, make sure you have gone into Chrome settings to check your add ons to make sure that it is not a case of it being there, but disabled. Enable it if it is listed.  If it is not listed....

You have a couple of options.  First, take a look at THIS REPLY.  One of our guru's ? has provided information on how to manually re-install the Password add on into Chrome.

The other option is a bit more difficult, though still not all that bad.  You will need to back up your bookmarks in Chrome, and then do a 'clean' reinstall of Chrome.  Uninstall it, and then re-install it from scratch.  That will clear the block from the Password Manager and it will likely be there ready to use or enable as soon as you have installed Chrome.
Userlevel 1
Badge +7
Hello David,
It's working again!!! I checked in Chrome extensions and there it was "disabled" I'm pleased about that as I really like and trust Webroot.
Thank you both for your help,
Regards,
D
Userlevel 2
Hi wonder if you could help me . I have a like problem as above I cannot get the PASSWORD MANAGER ICON TO SHOW IN DUCK DUCK GO. Is THERE A FIX ??? Are the two compatible ??