Solved

pin icon

• 22 November 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
How would you pin the icon for webroot in the task bar and where the hiddeb=n icons are?  Again I'm just learning and its hard for an old man to retain without alot of repetition.
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 22 November 2016, 19:34

View original

3 replies

Hi winston.

If you left-click the icon and hold you can then drag it over to the little "up" arrow and into the box of hidden icons.

I prefer to leave it visible so I can see any changes to the icon that would indicate a problem.

Hope this info helps,
BD
Userlevel 7
Hi winston2

If I may just add to what BD has posted...an alternative way of controlling what appears in the Notification area ("where the hiddeb=n icons are") is to type in "Notification" into the WIndows Search field (either in the Start Menu in Windows 7 or for Windows 10, by clicking on the Magnifying Glass icon that shows on the left hand side of the taskbar).

In Windows 10 that should display a list of options in a menu and you should select the one marked "Notifications & action settings" by clicking on it. That opens the Settings screens and if yo scroll down to the bottom of that panel you should see all of the apps that can and/or are showing in the Notificaiton tray area...and from there you can switch them on or off as you wish.

More advanced approach but I quite like it as it is more controllable.

Hope that helsp also?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
Thank you so much, have a nice Thanksgiving.
winston2