Kudos: 1,653
Solutions: 193

Re: problem password manager

[ Edited ]

A simple work-around, using the above directions:

SAVE A BACKUP COPY OF YOUR CSV FILE

Open your Norton csv file in Notepad

Click Edit, and choose Replace

Replace " (The quotes mark) with NOTHING.  Leave the bottom blank empty.  

Click Replace All

This might not work as it will still leave a trailing , (comma) at the end of each line that Webroot format does not have, but give it a try.  If it does not work, let me know and I will keep going on the How To Do It 

:smileyhappy:

New to the Community? Register now and start posting!

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC)   Download (Best Buy Subscription)   Submit Trouble Ticket   Account Console   User Guides   

"If you don't learn something new every day, you need to pay more attention. I often get my daily learning here so grab a chair and stay a while!"
WSA-Complete (Beta Tester), Toshiba Satellite L305, Intel Pentium Dual CPU at 1.87 GHz, 3 GB RAM With Windows 7 (x86) (Yes its old.. but it still usually works! : )
Please use plain text.
DavidP1970

Simple workaound part 2: That trailing comma

I think I already have a simple solution... 

As it is a comma delimited file, and there is one too many comma's... simpy add another item to the top line that defines the columns called "delete".  Once imported into Excel, that whole column can be deleted. 

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC)   Download (Best Buy Subscription)   Submit Trouble Ticket   Account Console   User Guides   

"If you don't learn something new every day, you need to pay more attention. I often get my daily learning here so grab a chair and stay a while!"
WSA-Complete (Beta Tester), Toshiba Satellite L305, Intel Pentium Dual CPU at 1.87 GHz, 3 GB RAM With Windows 7 (x86) (Yes its old.. but it still usually works! : )
Please use plain text.
Frequent Voice
durantash

Thank you So much .

See you later .

Sales , Support AntiVirus Products .

Analysis Antivirus Market .

Post Near 3000 Topics about AntiVirus and Security Subjects on my Blog ( Persian Language ) : http://duruntash.mihanblog.com ; www.disna.ir

Asghar Farhadi is my Same City .
Please use plain text.
DavidP1970

Let me know if all of that works :smileyhappy:

I will keep at it until we get it right!

Helpful Webroot Links:

Please use plain text.
DavidP1970

[ Edited ]

Durantash, Let me know if it worked.  Here is a set of directions with screenshots.  

EDIT 4/30/2013

Remember to save a backup copy of your CSV file before you begin!  While these directions are tailored to a specific set of programs/circumstances, the methods used should work for other CSV formats as well.  This should also work for going from Webroot format to a different format: as long as you have an example of both formats so you can see the differences, you can convert.

/EDIT

These instructions are for converting a Norton Password csv file to a Webroot Password csv file using Microsoft Excel 2010. Users of other Spreadsheet programs may need to alter the directions to suit that program, but hopefully this explanation and the included screen shots will help aid you in getting through it. The same type of conversions should also work when converting files of other products.

You may need to add or remove certain data columns while in spreadsheet mode to match the desired end format.

There may be other solutions that use a different format than csv, in which case you may need to adjust the directions to use a different character between data entries.

NORTON CSV Data Format Example
url,username,password,name,grouping,extra,delete
"https://www.url.com/,noone@yahoo.com,password,name,grouping,extra,"

WEBROOT CSV Data Format Example
url,username,password,extra,name,grouping,fav
https://www.url.com/,noone@yahoo.com,password,extra,name,grouping,0

Export your Norton file to a CSV. Open the file using Notepad. (You may need to use Open With, and remember do NOT set Notepad as the default program to open csv files with) Compare the data to that of the Webroot sample above. See how the first line has some of the words in different positions? These, and the corresponding data in the rest of the lines, needs to be moved to match the order of the Webroot format. But we also have some other issues to deal with...

0-NortonDataViewed.JPG

As Norton has an extra comma (,) at the end, as well as quotes (") at the beginning and end of each data line. With the csv file in notepad, do the following:

Click Edit, and choose Replace
Replace " (The quotes mark) with NOTHING. Leave the bottom blank empty. 
Click Replace All

Now we need to consider that extra comma. As it is a comma delimited file, and there is one too many comma's... Simply add another item to the top line that defines the columns called "delete". (Remember to put a comma between "extra" and "delete") Once imported into Excel, that whole column can be deleted.

0-5-EditedNortonCSV.JPG

Open Microsoft Excel, or other compatible spreadsheet program and create a new spreadsheet.

Import the Norton Data. For Excel, click the "Data" tab at the top, and then the "From Text" button. This will open the Import Text File box. Select "File Type: ALL FILES" and then the Norton CSV file.

Click IMPORT

1-OpenNortonForImport.JPG

An Import Wizard should open. For Excel 2010, select "Delimited" and then click next.

2-SetDataType.JPG

On the next screen of the Wizard, select Comma ONLY. The data preview at the bottom should change to be columned, with the correct data under each column title. Click Next.

3-SetDelimiter.JPG

The last screen of the Import Wizard for Excel 2010 you can select what data format to be used in each column. Simple leave this as the default "General" and click Finish.

4-SetDataFormat.JPG

Finally, a small pop-up will ask for what data block to insert the data. You want set it for A1. You can do this by simply clicking on the correct box and then click OK.

5-SetIndexBlock.JPG

You now have the Norton data imported into Excel.

6-Imported.JPG

For each column that is in the incorrect placement for the Webroot formatting, you will need to move the columns around by a simple copy and paste. In this case, the fourth column "name" should be moved. Simply right click on the column label (D) and choose COPY.

7-CopyColumnToMove.JPG

Right click on an empty column, and hover your mouse over PASTE OPTIONS, and then choose the text icon.

8-PasteOptions.JPG

The data is now contained in what was the empty column.

9-Pasted.JPG

To clear the data from the original column, right click the column label (In this case D) and select CLEAR CONTENTS.

10-ClearColumnContents.JPG

Repeat moving columns until you have all of the columns in the correct placement for the Webroot format. Add any additional columns needed, such as "fav" in this case. As the default value appears to be "0", I have filled in the data boxed for the "fav" column with that content.

11-AddFavColumnAndData.JPG

It is now time to export your work to a new Webroot compatible CSV file. Click FILE, and choose SAVE AS. In the save as dialogue box, change "Save as Type" to "CSV (Comma Delimited)" and name your file. Click SAVE. You may receive some errors during saving your Webroot CSV file. Simply click OK or YES to all of them. (It is OK to lose the spreadsheet formatting as we are changing to a csv file anyway!)

12-SaveWebrootCSV.JPG

Open your new Webroot file, and check it out to see if it appears to be correct!

13-WebrootDataViewed.JPG

Time to try it out... attempt to import the file into the Webroot Password Manager.

Helpful Webroot Links:

Please use plain text.
Frequent Voice
durantash

Dear David , Thank you so much forthis post and show step by step immigration password managment .

Post Near 3000 Topics about AntiVirus and Security Subjects on my Blog ( Persian Language ) : http://duruntash.mihanblog.com ; www.disna.ir

Please use plain text.
DavidP1970

Just let me know if it works, or fails please :smileyhappy:

It was completely my pleasure doing it.. I enjoy little puzzles like this.

Helpful Webroot Links:

Please use plain text.
DavidP1970

I am pretty sure that this will work correctly, and also can serve as a guide in converting other formats of csv files as well.  Hopefully we can get a verification of success though!

Helpful Webroot Links:

Please use plain text.
Frequent Voice
durantash

Dear My Friends ,

Thank you so much from Darid for give solution transfer password .

i check it and Work  .

Best Regards ,

Durantash Co.

Amir

Please use plain text.
DavidP1970

Durantash,

That is GREAT! I am so glad it worked. And thank you very very much for letting us know! I quite enjoyed putting it together and having it work makes the time well spent!

Helpful Webroot Links:

Please use plain text.