"there is a problem with this website's security certificate" any solutions?

• 19 March 2015
  • 4 replies

Just started having problems with this reply today when attempting to use Google. Found out it shows when using almost all of the standard search engines.  Webroot scans done automatically each day. Have changed IE under advanced settings to not check for certificates and still have problems.   What is the solution? Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello

This usually is the wrong date. Check the date/time on your computer.
Userlevel 7
Hi adt123

If you have not yet managed to resolve this issue then may I suggest that you take a look at this Microsoft KB article on the subject.  It may be of some assistance to you.

Regards, Baldrick
Well, the problem is solved with a post by my provider, Suddenlink. After several hours of not being able to use search engines, I gave up and went to bed. Started this moring looking for answers again and Suddenlink informed me that I had exceed the monthly amount of downloads. They had without notice or warning just shut off the use of search engines. The notice warned me that if I exceeded the monthly allowance over a total of three times they would begin charging me.

Spoke with people at work about this and they had similar experiences with Suddenlink. They told them how the cow ate the cabbage and told them they would leave if they were charged. Another person uses AT&T with no limits, uses 800 GB regularly per month with no additional charge. Don't know what I will do if Suddenlink charges me and have not spoken to them yet.

I do have a big problem that their actions made me think that my PC had a big problem. There was no warning of this, but they made me think the PC was infected.  With all of the marketing they do and with an emphasis on satisfied customers, this is not making a good impression on me.  Hope it does not happen to any of you!
Userlevel 7
Hi adt123

Thanks for taking the trouble to feedback. Yup, sounds like the words 'customer service' are an anathama to this company, and that it may pay you to switch provider.

Regards, Baldrick