snapdo.com virus or Trojan ?

• 4 December 2013
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17
one of my computers Is  window vista, and I have the Webroot Complete installed in it. every time I turn on my computer and go to Internet Explorer this page pops pop. search.snapdo.com. every time I change my home page, the next time I turn on my computer it pops up again.

I did some research on the web, and it seems to be some kind of virus.
I also did go to my control panel, and could not find any program
Any help please.. with that name.
Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello venus60 and welcome back!

snapdo appears to be not an actual virus/malware, but instead what is often referred to as a PUA.  While it may not be harmful, it certainly is very annoying and should be removed from what I can find researching.

It is actually a browser extension.  Please see this KB Article that has more information about this kind of annoyance.  Removing this PUA appears to possibly become a bit complicated, so you might want to submit a Trouble Ticket to request help in doing so.

Webroot has not in the past detected and removed this kind of software, as it is not actually malware, but rather mainly annoyware.  This is starting to change, and Webroot is now beginning to remove certain PUAs.
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Dear David1970.

Thank you very much for your respond. I did go to my control panel and I found this file called:  Quickshare By Linkury inc. And I Removed It .. and I did turn off/ on my computer, and when I click on Internet Explorer It did not appear any-more. I have to give it some time to see if it appear again. But there is a possibility by Uninstalling the  Quickshare BY Linkury inc, It had fix the issue
Thanks again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello venus60 and  Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Please contact support as David suggested and they will be happy to help you clean all of it free of charge!

Daniel 😉