Solved

task, tool bar

Userlevel 4
can webroot be put on tool bar, task bar in edge, if can how?
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 4 December 2016, 19:24

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello winston2,

At the time of the Windows 10 launch, the Edge browser does not have the capability to add Webroot extensions like Chrome and Firefox.  Webroot is hoping that this can be done in the near future.
Userlevel 4
Thank you Sherry, your always there. Please ignor the latest posting!

Winston 2
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Oh you are most welcome Winston! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
HI again Winston2,

Concerning your last question about Edge being compatible with Webroot? You can add Edge to Identity Shields and have Edge be protected. Baldrick will lead you to doing this if you want.
Userlevel 7
I just have, Sherry...in this thread. :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you so kindly Sir Baldrick! 😉
Userlevel 4
Sherry  what am doing wrong, regardless of what sercurity program I use still having this problem, Computer freezes, knocks me off the web, I keep buying computers and the same thing happens.  I know i'm old, maybe told old to uhderstand whats happening.  Any input would be fabulous.
Thanks, Winston 2.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Winston2,

I am so sorry ti hear you are having these issues. This could be caused by a few things. Can you tell  me what Windows OS you are running? Windows 7, 8.1 or Windows 10? These issues can be a Software problem.

I have provided a few steps if you want to look into them.

1: Can you run a Disk Check http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disk-error-checking-windows-8
2. The System File Checker or sfc.exe is a utility in Microsoft Windows located in C:WindowsSystem32 folder. This utility allows users to scan for and restore corrupt Windows system files. In this post we will see how to run System File Checker and also see how to analyze SFC logs. In the command prompt window which opens, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
Here is information here http://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-run-system-file-checker-analyze-its-logs-in-windows-7-vista
3. You can call your Internet provider and explain that you are having issues with your internet kicking you offline.

You also might need to do a clean reinstall of Webroot. You can try that below:
Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Now Winston you can always Submit a Support Ticket and Webroot will check your system to see if Webroot is working correctly for you. This is always free with a Webroot susbcription.

Please keep us posted!

Userlevel 4
Sherry thank you for taking the time in responding to my current issues.  I'm running IE 10.  Just noticed that if I use edge I don't have that problem as often. I'm going to call my internet server, I'll keep you informed!

Winston2
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Sherry thank you for taking the time in responding to my current issues.  I'm running IE 10.  Just noticed that if I use edge I don't have that problem as often. I'm going to call my internet server, I'll keep you informed!

Winston2
I am sorry winston2 I must of been sleeping  when I answered your last post this morning. Of course you are running Windows 10..my bad..
:(

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi again winston,

I found this information here over at MS Community.
and HERE

IMO I would user Edge over IE. Sometimes IE can be problematic?  Most of us here on the forum will use Firefox Browser, or /and Chrome as well as Edge. Depends on your preferences...

Hope this helps as well?
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I wonder if you are having the "msn is not responding" issue in IE.  With Win10,  IE should be IE11.  Tools icon top right of IE page..click "about".  You should see IE11 and be sure to check box that says "update automatically".  If IE is defaulted to msn.com for home page, try a different one temporarily.  I use cbsnews.com now with zero issues..  As soon as i revert to the IE default home page after a couple of clicks, msn stops responding.  No fix have I ever found >>ever.  Googled it, MS Answers fixes, on and on and on >>.  Tried all I knew>>>flush dns, chkdsk, reset IE policies.  Began happening a couple of Win versions ago and is persistent.  Sometimes I now wonder if MS is herding its users towards Edge as they can be covert and clandestine at times.  IE is phased out in 2017 I understand.  Edge is actually now my choice.  I'll be watching to see what you discover.:D