Solved

tor show error " can not load xpcom "

Userlevel 7
Badge +37
Hi ,

when i try run Tor Browser 3.5.3 show error " can not load xpcom " .

but when shut down webroot , easy run .

Regards ,
icon

Best answer by Petrovic 22 March 2014, 07:58

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hi

Go to application pritection

Allow - xul.dll

Thank you
Petr.
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
Dear ,

thank you so much .

I add  file in trust and now solve problem and easy run Tor Application .

Have a best time ,

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Thanks
Please feel free to ask any further questions you might have.

Petr
Setting "Allow" for XUL.dl didn't fix my probem, which was also "Can not load XPCOM". When that didn't work, I "Allowed" all of the ddlls first in the list, and then finally I "Allowed" every dll in the Tor directory.  Not only did that do no good, but the bug in the Block/Allow screen made it quite a chore.

I eventually found the solution: Uninstall Webroot and find another anti-virus solution. The one I chose is rated equal to Webroot. Oh, and it's free. Tor works just fine with it.

You guys need to realize that there's only one Tor browser. We have no choice there, but there are lots of anti-virus products. We do have many choices there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello oldmoses, sorry you were having problems but sorry doesn't cut does it. Everyone has choices and you found a solution for your problem and I wish you the best in your endeavors.

Me? I'll always support WSA because there's NO support like Webroot Support!

Have a great day!
Best Regards
I have also tried to allow the tor files under "Application Protection" and am still getting the xpcom error. Is there a fix for this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Welcome richig. ..excuse the delay but I'm hoping one of our experts replies for you.  @ or @ can answer this for. I'm not on a PC as of yet...please be patient and we will figure this out or you can issue a Support Ticket.

Best Regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sherry is Correct you should Submit a Support Ticket as it could be a simple thing of getting some files Whitelisted in the Cloud Database.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
I was pretty frustrated as well about not being able to run Tor with Webroot but I found a solution that worked for me. I went to Application Protection in Identity Protection and allowed all the Tor files. when that didn't work for me either I then went to the PC Security settings and clicked on the Block/Allow Files tab and clicked on the Add File tab at the bottom and when the list of files popped up to choose from, I went into my (C: ) drive and put Tor into the search field and literally dragged and dropped every single Tor file I could into the Block/Allow list. I then reinstalled the Tor Browser Bundle and...voila! I can now run the Tor Browser with webroot. Hope this works for others too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

It would be best for you to Submit a Support Ticket like I said above it could be a new version of Tor and maybe some files need to be Whitelisted in the Cloud Database then you would not have to do anything with Block/Allow.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉