trying to add new printer. get "failed to find required file C:programdatawrdatapkglpplugin.dll"

• 18 May 2016
  • 1 reply

I am trying to add a new printer. The computer sees the printer but when I run the troubleshooting function, it eventually comes back with the message: "failed to find required file: C:ProgramDataWRDatepkgLLPlugin.dll" and it will not add the printer. We have two users on this computer (me and my husband).  I was able to add the printer for myself however we get the error message when we try to add it to his username.  I believe this is a Webroot error.  Can you confirm and help me to resolve this issue? I have an older version of Webroot i can reinstall if need be.  However, I purchased a new version since. Thank you

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello DonnaMae

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

The missing file is for the WSA Password Manager plug in. This has an easy fix: just download and run toolbarfix.exe  This can re-install the Password Manager files into IE, Chrome and Firefox browsers all at the same time.
Once downloaded launch it by clicking on the executable, and you should see the following, if then that is fine and you should click on 'Run':

which should then take you to the following dialog:

on which you should choose/check the option 'Repair/Install the Webroot Toolbar' and then press 'Start'.

That should initiate the fix process and you just have to wait for it to finish, close the dialog and then check in your browser to see if the Password Manager Toolbar icon is now visible.  If the fix has been successful you should see the following greyed out icon in a toolbar at the top of the IE browser page:

One then double clicks on that so that the login dialog is presented, etc.

Please check the above out and come back if anything is not clear or if it does not help/respond to your query.

Note: This will not work in Microsoft Edge. Webroot is currently awaiting that MS allow addons/extensions to be used with Edge. Please see HERE for a KB Article on the subject.