Solved

webroot analyzer

• 16 October 2016
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
i have been informed by geek squad that there is a glitch in webroot analyzer--i.e.--when i run analyzer--it will show 84/100. due to updates that have not been installed--however, all updates have been installed--the only answer geek squad had was 'glitch'--is there reason for concern ?==thanks

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 16 October 2016, 03:04

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello DCRUMPTONS,

Please read this Request Article. That will explain there is no reason for concern on the score recorded.

HTH
Dave;)
Userlevel 2
that is what geek squad also stated--OK---works 4 me !!--and thank you !!
Userlevel 7
Your Welcome DCRUMPTONS. 😃
Hi DCRUMPTON6,

I agree with ProTruckDriver that the System Analyzer results can be a little confusing and the results ambiguous. But you can try to pinpoint what updates may be needed by doing the following:

After running the System Analyzer click on the View Report Details button.

?

Then click on the View Full Report Button.

?

This will open a text file with in-depth details of the report.

Hope this info helps,

BD

Userlevel 2
interesting,   thank you !!
You're welcome, DCRUMPTON6.

I also feel, like others, that the System Analyzer needs to be either be imroved or retired. It often does more harm than good in that it often leaves users with more questions than answers. I equate it with the, now defunct, Windows Experience Index. It's a baseline comparison against other systems in terms of hardware and performance. However, this information doesn't really affect the performance of Webroot. You will still be protected whether you have a brand new, quad-core processor or, as in my case, an older dual-core like my laptop has. Webroot's small footprint and limited use of resources insure that it will work on most systems, even older ones. And almost all browsers leak memory. Again, not a Webroot issue but rather an issue with the browser/software developers. I do like the fact that it will tell you if you need updates. I just wish it did so in a more concise manner.

Have a good night, :)

BurnDaddy

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I heard from a very reliable source that if anything they would improve it rather than removing it.

Daniel 😉
@ wrote:
I heard from a very reliable source that if anything they would improve it rather than removing it.

Daniel ;)
That's good to hear, Daniel. I do think the SA has it's merits and is a good concept. Hopefully they will improve upon its functionality and remove the uncertainty it sometimes can yield. 🙂
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Daniel ;)
That's good to hear, Daniel. I do think the SA has it's merits and is a good concept. Hopefully they will improve upon its functionality and remove the uncertainty it sometimes can yield. :)
Yeah, I hope so. :D

?