webroot tool bar is not compatible with the latest edition of chrome

• 1 February 2015
  • 3 replies

Webroot toolbar works with all my browsers except chrome--I have tried all the fixes-unstall chrome, uninstall webroot, reinstall, to no avail even with weboot technician who I allowed to drive my computer.
I tried toolbar fix.exe without help and have dragged lpchrome.crx to chrome( which allows webroot for  comedo dragon, opera and chromium to work) without success

Webroot rep told me via hislast email that the latest edition of chrome is not compatible with weboort toolbar---any suggestions?

And why on my othe machines the toolbar works fine???-

This whole problem started months ago when webroot frooze on chrome so I unistalled it and have been unable to reinstall it ever since--even by myself, or with geek squad, or webrooot tech help.

Any one else with this problema and are there any solutions?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi rwolf

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Unfortuantely, this is something that we see occassionally...I, for one, have no issue withthe installation of the Webroot Toolbar under the latest version of Chrome...but have to say that I ddi have some issues a while back with an earlier version.  And given what you say as to what has been tried (and no comment from me about what the technician told you...;)) all I can suggest is a couple of things:

1. before trying to drag and drop the lpchrome.crx file into Chrome make sure that Developer mode (you should find the option at the top of the addons page) is checked.  There is some debate as to the usefulness of this advice but I have found (and I believe some others too) that this does help...just note that you may have to try it a couple of times for the drag and drop to 'stick'.  Just remember to uncheck the mode before closing the addons page

2. Uninstall Chrome, download a fresh copy of the full installer, reboot, install from the new installer, and then reboot.  Then, if that has resolved the issue you should find the prompt to allow the Toolbar the next time that you open Chrome (and if not then you can try 1. above again)

Other than that I have no further suggestions...but perhaps other members will.

Regards, Baldrick
Don't use chrome, use yahoo, simple fix.  Never uninstall Webroot without making sure you are communicating with webroot.  It is possible for backscreen ghosts to prompt you to the wrong web adress and phone#.  I also hope you know the user terms of agreement for social networking sites, or any new user terms of agreement for anything, they all now allow others into your system, recover back to when everything worked just fine, and turn updates off offf oooffffffffffffff!!!!!!!
Balrick--you are my hero--finally got the webroot toolbar back on chrome!