what is RUND LL32.EXE?

I got a Microsoft blue screen warning tht my computer was infected, and to call 855-942-3366 (Mahvish?) . The person found about 40 or 50 RUND LL32.EXE with numbers and letters following. Claimed that my computer had been hacked that many times and 6 or 7 had actually established on my computer. What is this all about? How did this happen? Please let me know.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
SCAM SCAM SCAM! Do not let them get connected to your PC and most importantly:

DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION

RunDLL32.exe is a legitimate Windows process. 

A quick search of that phone number:

Oops! Thanks I just seem to have "blown" it. Will try to recover as much as I can. The thing is I didn't get a call. My computer was all of a sudden locked  and then a blue screen appeared with the warning that Microsoft had detected a problem and therefore locked my account. To alleviate the problem I could call 855-942-3366, which is an IT company (Mahvish supposedly in Delaware, payment i California, Techie in India!!!) which specializes in alleviating computer problems.
Userlevel 7
You have already created a topic on this:

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/what-is-RUND-LL32-EXE/m-p/201791

I have replied to your original thread, this is a very well known scam. They are not from Microsoft. 
Thanks Rakanisheu. That's why I wrote Oops! Because I seem to have fallen into a nasty scam trap. The problem was that it looked legitimate, since my computer all of a sudden didn't work in Outlook. I couldn't receive or send messages. 
Userlevel 7
If you used a credit card to pay them, ring your credit card company and tell them you were scammed. Start a charge back process.
I did contact my Visa card provider and told the person about what happened and asked him if he could stop the payment . He said NO. But he also told me that if it turned out to be a scam, then he could do something (I forgot what exactly he called it). I also told him to have an alert on my card for unauthorized charges. It didn't sound like he was too interested.