Solved

why is Webroot poping up that mp3 rocket is a threat, I had this for many years I need to update it

• 20 November 2016
  • 4 replies

I am trying to update my MP3Rocket that i use to download music and webroots box comes up that it is a threat
i used this program for years and never had a problem,i have also paid for this program,would appreciate if anyone nows what i can do.
                                     thank you ..foxwoods777
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 20 November 2016, 09:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hello @

Welcome to the Webroot Community

I'm sorry that your having so much trouble trying to access MP3Rocket website.  What you need to do is call Webroot Support at 1-866-612-4268 Mon-Fri 7:00am to 6pm (MST) and let them know of the problem your having.  This service is free with a paid subscription. Since you have been accessing that program/website for quite a while, Webroot Support can white list the website so that you don't get anymore pop ups.    

Please feel free to post back here with any further issues you may be having.  I hope this helps.  
Userlevel 7
Hi foxwoods777

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I have tried the same download as you; using the mp3rocket.me website (I am assuming that you are attempting the download the author's website and not a 3rd party alternative?), and I am also getting a detection of malware by WSA, with the file being download but quarantined due to the detection.

I am assuming that you are seeing a small browny-orange Webroot-related popup in the bottom left hand corner of your screen indicating an detection of "W32.Adware.Gen" ?

Now, here you have 2 choices; you can notify the Support Team as suggested by Yankeelady2015, so that they can investigate the issue for you...but I personally would not wait to call on Monday but Open a Support Ticket as the ticketing system is manned 24/7. Just describe the issue in the ticket and they should be able to starting looking at this for you.

Alternatively, you can check Quarantine (click on gear/cog symbol to the right of 'PC Security' tab > 'Quarantine' tab) to see if you can see the "mp3rocket_setup.exe" file listed therein. If it is, and you are sure that the file is safe (and only if you are) then you can tick the entry & then click on the 'Restore' button to remove the file from Quarantine so that you can then use it.

Now, the safest course of action is the first one and you should take that one if you have any doubts as to the safety of allow the file to run on your system.

From what you say if this is the same file that you have downloaded from the same site for a while then it is most likely that the detection is a false positive and therefore the definition needs adjustment in the Webroot Cloud...that is something that only Webroot can do so to prevent it from happening again you would need to notify them of the detection anyway. I have also searched the web and can find nothing substantive about this file being associated with malware or, for that matter, adware,...but obviously that is not conclusive.

However, as I stated before do not use the 2nd option unless you are sure that the file is safe.

I hope that clarifies/helps? Please do let us know how you decide to progress and if you have any further need of assistance.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Thank you @ for your assistance, forgot to mention "Open a Support Ticket"  :(