54655 Junk Files

• 2 August 2015
  • 1 reply

I keep getting a message from Comodo Geekbuddy that my computer contains 54655 Junk files how do I clear this up?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi kitkat1950

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Well, if you are using that product to diagnose supposed 'issues' on your system they also offer a way of dealing with those 'issues' and so I suspect that they want you to use their services.

And there in lies the rub...I strongly doubt that you do have 54655 junk files on your system.  Mostly, likely they are including a vast mnumber of innoccous files such as MRUs and the like to inflate the figure and make it more impressive.

If you want a considered comparision to this then I would consider running one or more of the freeware cleaner tools that are avaialble to download from the Internet...if you are interested in a few to consider (and which I and other Community memebers use regularly)  then please send me a private message (PM) and I would be pleased to pass on the information outside the Forum., as I do not want to turn this thread into an advert for non Webroot software.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick