Adding an additional PC

• 11 September 2016
  • 2 replies

Unable to figure out how to add a laptop for antivirus........  I read the instructions online, downloaded the wsainstall, but it keeps taking me back to the original screen with no advancement.
Any help is appreciated.

2 replies

Hi Auburn2010,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Have you had Webroot installed on this laptop in the past? If so, it will need to be unistalled, then perform a clean reinstall.

Please do the following:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • If you haven't already, be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here ( or if you have Best Buy Subscription click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
If you have NOT had Webroot on this laptop previously you can still use these directions, just omit the uninstall portion.

Please let us know if that resolves your issue? :)

BD
Perfect.  Thank you.  I was making the mistake of not uninstalling the old Webroot.  I now have it on my laptop.
I appreciate your help!