Solved

After installing the Firefox SQLite add-on Webroot no longer works.

• 21 August 2015
  • 4 replies

When I launch Firefox I no longer get the Webroot login dialog. The Webroot icon is already enabled. Clicking on the icon will not show the menu but takes me directly to my Webroot login page.
I removed the SQLite add-on. Reboted Firefox, rebooted my PC and no difference.

I depend heavily on Webroot for all my online accounts. Help!!
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 21 August 2015, 20:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome back!

Firefox has been doing some changes to how they handle add-ons.  I know that the Webroot Filter Extension was affected a few days ago (Webroot is aware of this and working with Firefox on it), and it appears that the Password Manager became affected for the first time today.  Please submite a Trouble Ticket for Webroot Support so that they can start working on the Password Manager with Mozilla ASAP.

Until the Password Manager is working in Firefox again, you can also use Google Chrome as your browser.  The Password Manager is still working there just fine.  It is also working with IE.
Userlevel 7
Update:

I have been advised that Webroot Support is finding that a clean reinstall of WSA seems to fix the issue at the moment.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?
I'll use Chrome in the meantime. Thank you for the very quick response!
Userlevel 7
?  Thank ? too 🙂  He replied to me very quickly when I pinged him about it.  Thanks Nic!

The reinstall of WSA takes a total of 5 to 10 minutes usually, from the time you start to remove it to the time the first full scan has been completed after reinstalling.  It is pretty quick 🙂