Solved

Another Firewall with Webroot SecureAnywhere ?

• 16 June 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi Webroot & Webrooters :)

i like to use another Firewall Instead own Webroot Firewall , some of my friends say Comodo Firewall is very good in security ... but i cannot trust to Comodo , i think they are not trustworthy really..  please don't ask why ... i just do not want trust them :D 

well i trust Webrooters 🙂 so i ask you to let me know your suggestions for a Trustworthy Company which provide a Firewall .. 
Trustworthy in Support and also Privacy is my mean :D 

Webroot provide security for my system, so i want  Webroot's advice :)

Regards,
Parham
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 16 June 2016, 21:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi MrParham

Whilst one can use another firewall with WSA (remembering to turn off the WIndows Firewall first) I am not sure why one would...as the Windows Firewall is very robust, especially in terms of inbound connection protection & WSA is specifically designed to work with it on outbound connection protection.

As for recommending another 3rd party firewall...well, whilst we could, to do so would be in contradiction of the Community Guidelines about discussing non Webroot applications (as this is a Webroot forum).

So any such discussion needs to be handled offline, via private message...apologies but those are the guidelines.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Hello Baldrick 

if you can just call me Parham thanks :)

so i want to know what is Webroot ( as a Company which make my system secure! ) advice about this matter( also i like to hear another Webrooters advice ) ... should i ask from who ? can i open a ticket support for that or something ? 

Regards,
Parham
Userlevel 7
Hi Parham

Why would Webroot provide you with information about a 3rd party firewall when they have their own (working in conjunction with the Windows Firewall as explained before). You can try opening a Support Ticket but I suspect that the Support Team would politely decline to answer for the reasons I have stated above.

In terms of what we can say & do in the Community we have Guidelines (see HERE for them).

About Webroot...I would recommend either (i) reviewing the information available on the Webroot website (you will find company-related information links in the bottom right hand corner of each page...in the footer section, under the heading 'Company') or (ii) Googling your specific questions.

I hope that helps...and as I said before if you want suggestions as to alternative firewalls...send the request in a private message...so as not to contravene Community Guidelines.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I used Comodo a few years ago. It really was a load on my processor. WR runs much faster.