Solved

Browser/Website Security

• 11 March 2014
  • 7 replies

Badge +1
Have some concerns that some of my banking/secure sites do not show any sign of webroot secure protection.  I am a recent transfer from F Secure and had no problem with their software in clearly seeing the 'green overlay" on the web address.  This isnot so with Webroot.  I read that a lock icon will appear but can see no evidence of this in area of we address, taskbar or toolbar.
All other functions on my Webroot installation appear to be working satisfactorily.
Finally I mention that I also have Rapport banking software installed and this does actually say Rapport is covering.... however would feel more happy if Webroot was showing something.
Hope someone can offer further information which will be much appreciated.
thanks.
icon

Best answer by Petrovic 11 March 2014, 11:00

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello tuanton and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

What browser are you using?
Check the settings of Identity Shield

This is usually a cosmetic issue.  Typically the shield itself is actually working fine but the icon is not showing up properly in the system tray.
 If you would like to test the Identity shield, the testing program available at the following website can test whether or not the shield is working:  http://www.zemana.com/anti-keylogger.aspx
As long as it's working, you will see that on HTTPS sites your keystrokes are not logged and screen grabs do not show anything.
 In the event it turns out to be more than a cosmetic issue in your case, you should open a support ticket here.

Thank you
Best regard, Petr.
Badge +1
Many thanks your prompt reply.  I have Windows 7 Home Basic with Mozilla and IE as browsers. Have checked application protection and both browsers are covered.  Have downloaded zemana free but not clear on what it does.....  sorry for my limited IT knowledge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
You can see this video as a test works zemana. Input data in the browser should not be displayed in the window zemana.
http://youtu.be/5cmssX6o8B8

A lock icon appears when actively protected application. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
You can uninstall/reinstall if necessary and that should fix up the problem as the system tray icon setting will be on by default
Go to Add/Remove and uninstall WSA and reboot and install a clean copy from Here and remember to keep a copy of your keycode as you will need it again for reinstall and Please report back to see if everything is running properly for you and you see a Tray Icon

You can always address in a support service:
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp
or call to Technical Support
1-866-612-4227

Badge +1
:D
Uninstall/Re-Install completed . Browser protection all OK and Lock  now showing in Webroot Icon in Taskbar when website accessed.
Thanks for your help/advice. Feel more comfortable with programme working OK now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hi tuanton
Thanks
Please feel free to ask any further questions you might have.
And once again, welcome to the community Webroot!

Thank you
Best regard, Petr.
Userlevel 2
Hi Petr.
Thank you for the solution so great to read all this to find what I need. I feel so good about this security and about the people behind it. No one else has that much info at one time as needed. I want to thank everyone else for the questions. So much I am learning in a short time.

Thank you all

Little Voice