Solved

Change subscription from Geek Squad to Webroot.com

• 8 June 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Hello :)

I currently have a subscription with Geek Squad for SecureAnywhere IS Plus v9.0.15.40 that is expiring in 3 days. Can I renew it through Webroot.com, or is there going to be a issue in doing it that way? Or, do I just uninstall this version, and install the version from Webroot.com?

It's nothing against Geek Squad, just a personal preference thing :)

Edit: I did just find this thread, is the Solution given, still correct, just uninstall and install the one from Webroot.com?
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Uninstall-Geek-Squad-SecureAnywhere-and-re-Install-throught/m-p/126744#M7179
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 8 June 2017, 17:21

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi car54

Welcome to the Commnity Forums.

Yes, you have it in one...as per the Solutioned previous thread...just remember to reboot between uninstalling the Best Buy/Geek Squad version and installing the Webroot standard version.

But also please note that the Best Buy/Geek Squad subscription will not work with the Standard Webroot version, and vice versa. So if you are changing then do not renew with Geek Squad but purchSd a new subscription directly from Webroot.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Thank you for the welcome aboad and the quick and informative response, Baldrick, I appreciate it 🙂
Userlevel 7
You are most welcome, car54.

Please also note my edit re. the subscription incompatibility between Geek Squad & Webroot versions...just in case you missed it.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 3
lol...I just edited my post to say "informative response" due to your follow up edit. Thank you for making sure I saw that edit. Kudos 🙂
Userlevel 7
Again...you are most welcome. :D
Userlevel 3
By the way, just a a FYI, the uninstall of the old, and install of the new went great, went without a hitch.

Thanks again for the wonderful forum support found here.
Userlevel 7
Hi car54

Glad to be able to assist. Yes, this is a great Community...the best on the Web. Hope that you swing by from time to tiime to hang out, etc.

Regards, Baldrick