Solved

Does this version have the same speed and low footprint of the gamer AV?

• 25 April 2016
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I have been using the gamer version of Webroot, but I am confused.
I was going tobuy the Internet Security Plus version because of the added Password manager feature.
However, I can't determine if the the Plus version is as fast and low memory as the gamer version.
Or is the gamer version running a different way that the Plus version doesn't/cant?
Should I stick with the gamer version and get a seperate password manager program?

icon

Best answer by nic 25 April 2016, 23:04

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Wohlever

Welcome to the Community Forums.

All that the Gamer version has over the standard AV version is that it adds the System Optimizer feature (a traces & temp file cleaner a la CCleaner). There should be no different in speed or the way that the version run as all versions use the same base.

If you go Internet Security Plus you get the Password Manager but no System Optimizer. If you go for the Complete version you get the Password Manager, System Optimizer and the Backup & Sync feature for online file backups & synchronisation.

I hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Yes it does.
So basically the complete version is the one I want if I want everything the gamer version has
and I want the added features of password manager, etc?
Does the complete version also make sure it is compatible with new games like the gamer AV version does?

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yep! The gamer is like the base AV with the addition of the System Optimizer. They run the same AV engine and talk to the same database. Complete will give you everything including the password manager, plus you also get 25GB of online storage for the Backup & Sync feature.
Userlevel 7
In terms of "complete version also make sure it is compatible with new games like the gamer AV version does"...that is a good question. ;)

I believe that it does as (i) all versions of WSA use the same core functionality when it comes to scanning & protection & (ii) the key thing about the Gamer version is that it allows one to clean performance sapping detritus from your hard disk & Registry.

But it may be worth checking on this point with our excellent Community Manager, ? ;)

EDIT: I see you responded before I even had time to conjure you up, Nic...:D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yep you are correct @!
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Thank you folks for the fast and complete reply!
I will be purchasing the complete version this weekend,
and you will have a me as a customer for as long as you guys
retain this stellar AV performance and customer service.

So many AV companies out there take gamers for granted and I thank you for being here for us.

Userlevel 7
Awesome, Wohlever

Thanks for letting us know...and if you need further assistance you know where to come. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

WSA is great and it's the future and it's here now!

Cheers,

Daniel ;)