Solved

Error Message: Failed to find required file. C:ProgramDataWRDatapkgLPPlugin.dll

• 29 November 2013
  • 13 replies

New Webroot user....am having problems with browsers - particularly Chrome.  Every day I receive the following error msg multiple times: 

"Failed to find required file. C:ProgramDataWRDatapkgLPPlugin.dll".  

Can anyone help.  Called tech support and they are closed today.  Many thanks.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 15 February 2014, 02:30

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Unfortunately, Webroot have not provided a way to re-download the web components as far as I know. You'll need to uninstall, reboot, and reinstall it. Fortunately that should only take a few minutes.

Unless someone else has ideas.
Thanks so much. Unfortunately, I'm out of town without the disk. Unless someone else has an idea, I'll suffer through this problem until I can access my disk in a week. Really appreciate your response.
Userlevel 7
Hello there jmfinkel, 

This problem should actually have already been fixed: it was a problem a few weeks ago but a fix has already been released.  For some reason your computer did not receive the fix.  The LLPlugin file is specifically for the Password Manager browser extensions.  

There are a couple of options open to you.

1) There is a utility specifically for re-installing or removing the Password Manager browser extensions for IE, Chrome and FireFox.  (One run of the utility will look for all 3 browsers.)  You can download this utility HERE.  Note that the URL is directly from Webroot: this is not a third party utility or download.  This will usually fix your issue.

If running this utility and re-installing the toolbar fails to fix the problem, or it fails to actually accomplish re-installing, you may have run into the same problem I had a few weeks ago.  Once in a while Chrome is a bit touchy: having removed the toolbar extension it sometimes refuses to allow it to be re-installed.  There was another thread with this problem today by the way, and the solution is simple.  See my reply on HERE for more information.

2) You can also submit a Trouble Ticket.  The phone number may not be answered at the moment due to the main offices being closed for U.S. Thanksgiving Holiday weekend., but there are still support techs available and your trouble ticket will be received.  

3) You do not need the disk to re-install WSA. Use the links below in my signature area to locate the correct download.  Your CD will not have the most up to date version of the software anyway, but the downloads below do.  :)  This is, however, probably not the best way as the browser extensions are a separate download.

Thank you, sir. I greatly appreciate your help! It worked!
Userlevel 7
Nice!  Very glad to have helped out and I hope it was the easist option that did it!
Downloaded the utility for fixing toolbar, problem solved ! Thanks much 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello SeratonyUnl and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Great to hear the Toolbar fix tool worked for you so maybe you can pull up a chair and stay for a while as we are a great bunch here.

Cheers,

TH ;)
Hi. I'm having the same problem, and I'm a bit of a novice with computers. Could you describe step by step what I need to do?
 New to webroot, Using IE, HP Envy m6.
Thanks, Mike
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Mike and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Try the toolbar fix and after do a reboot and let us know if you still see this issue!

Thanks,

TH
Ok, seems to have worked. Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Ok, seems to have worked. Thank you.
Great to hear Mike and your very Welcome! Hat Tip to David for the Idea earlier on in this thread!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
So, now I'm getting a pop up when I turn on the computer tha says "Do you want to allow Webroot to make changes to this computer?"  I keep checking no, but should I allow, and what will this do?
Thanks, Mike
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Mike is WSA tring to remove an infection if not please Submit a Support Ticket so they can look at your logs and help you with this issue and correct it.

Cheers,

Daniel