cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Voice

Re: File named C:\Program

We actually triggered removal of Webroot from the console, then reinstalled with the most current version.  It seems to have worked.  No more c:\program file in there anymore.

Retired Webrooter
Retired Webrooter

Glad that did the trick!

Could you please list a detailed step-by-step solution? I don't understand what "uninstall using a modified uninstall command since the file is in a different location with a different name: "c:\program.exe" -uninstall " means. I've had this problem for a long time now.

And now I have this "C:\Program" thing too and would also like clearer instructions on getting rid of it.

Plus an explanation as to how this should suddenly occur after a couple of trouble-free years using Webroot.

I've got this error now as well. Solution??

Retired Webrooter
Retired Webrooter

Greetings @bravid and welcome to the Community.

Please reach out to our Business Support Team directly. They will be able to promptly walk you through the steps to resolve.

Business Technical Support: Call 1-866-254-8400
Open a Support Ticket: http://mysupport.webrootanywhere.com/supportwelcome.aspx?SOURCE=ENTERPRISEWSA

Best,
Highlighted

Hi Shawn

First am running Windows 10 and just installed webroot at the start of June when I bought my new laptop

I had this same error message also when I started up this morning. So I googled it and came across this post in whih you say in your post

@Shawn wrote:

If you encounter this issue, simply shutdown WRSA from the tray icon, rename "program" to "program.exe" and uninstall using a modified uninstall command since the file is in a different location with a different name: "c:\program.exe" -uninstall

When I went to my tray Icon to shut down webroot the icon just disappeared so am guessing the program did not load in the first place since the icon just disappear?

I did rename Program to Program.exe and the icon for the file chnaged to a webroot icon.

Secondly you mention to use a modified uninstall command. How do I go about doing that I figured it meant via a command prompt so I ran command prompt as admin and tried the line you gave but it gave me back an error say it could not be be done. Where do I need to enter this modified uninstall command?

Thanks

Dave

New Member SVW

I need a solution that is more in layman's terms. Would you please update this? The problem happened to me last night. I've lost well over an hour of productive time - the laptop would not allow me to open my files. Thank you.

Administrator

Moving this to the home user community, as our power users there may be able to assist you further. You may also want to contact our tech support team for more detailed assistance.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Anna - Webroot Sr. Advocate Programs Manager